Malifaux Masters UK 18/19th January

Clousseau

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that are interested, or wish to check whether Mike's ramblings on Fools daily have been accurate, here are the results - you can follow everyone's progress through the 2 stages. This was the wallchart that tracked the event - no computer required to monitor this event.

[ATTACH]16991[/ATTACH]

Nice to see but would have preferred it to show the actual scores from each game also.

Something to consider for the future: I liked the format, with the pools and the knockout stages, my only issue was the countback system to decide draws. I liked the idea of playing an extra 15 minute turn first (although we completely forgot about it in our Quarter Final) and I liked the idea of using the Day 1 results to decide a draw after this, at the Quarter Final Stage (as happened with me after having a very tough game with Joel where we drew 6-6 and the countback had him ahead by 1VP from Day 1). However, I do think that the countback system after that should only refer to the previous game (i.e. draw in Semi decided by VP from Quarter and draw in Final/3rd playoff decided by VP from Semi) rather than the Day 1 results unless all things are still equal. Apart from anything else, it gives anyone coming out of a tough pool a bit of a disadvantage against someone that may have had an easier ride.

Just a thought. Had a great time and some fantastic games, as well as beating Craig (again!) so all's good! *wink*

And well done Craig on finally getting there. Good job mate!

All feedback welcome. It was a quite different format than usual, so interesting to find out what , if anything, to change for next year (regardless of TO).

Also any feedback on the prizes welcome. Tried something a bit different on the 'tin cups' side to supplement some great stuff from KR & SMG.