Pandora: What Constitutes an opposed Wp duel?

Spica

What constitutes a Wp duel for the sake of Pandora's Misery and Fading Memory? My opponent, the Pandora player, claimed that it was any dual in which either model used it's Wp stat. Specifically that, since Pandora was using Wp to resist a melee attack, the attacking model would take damage from Misery. I contested that the dual was a Wp dual for Pandora (since she was using her Wp stat) and a Ml dual for my model (since it was using it's Ml stat), and therefore Misery would not affect my model but he would still be able to use fading memory. Who is correct in this situation?

According to the call out box on page 31 of the rules,

For instance, when an Attack pits the Attacker's Sh against a target's Df, the Attacker is making a Sh duel and the defender is making a Df duel

So Pandora resisting a Ml attack with her Wp is definitely a Ml duel for the attacker, and a Wp duel for pandora.

Which makes you right, Fading memory works (as it is an opposed duel, and for Pandora a Wp duel) but Misery doesn't (as the attacker is failing a Ml duel not a Wp one).

So just to confirm you fail a WP duel if you fail a resist with your WP or fail on an attack / action using your WP (if there is such a thing), but you do not fail if you are attacking something that is using WP to resist but you are using eg ML?

Correct. They will pass a Wp duel since they used their Wp stat - but you will not fail one because you didn't use your Wp.

Pandora's incite attack action uses Wp against Wp - so it triggers both misery and fading memory BTW.