How I base my minis

mythicFOX

For US sources...I've found some various 'gear' type packs that look useful at A.C.Moore and Michael's in the jewelry or scrapbooking section. There are a few lines of bits and pieces out there that look steampunky and hold promise. Its also not a bad place to look to find various chains and other supplies

Dave

For US sources...I've found some various 'gear' type packs that look useful at A.C.Moore and Michael's in the jewelry or scrapbooking section. There are a few lines of bits and pieces out there that look steampunky and hold promise. Its also not a bad place to look to find various chains and other supplies

Dave

yeah have some them but I hoard them because they metal and price can add up. Id like get some plastic ones that can be little less discriminate on what I use them for.

The inserts I use are designed as MDF bases for wargaming figures. They're simple disks of MDF 2mm or 3mm thick, some people use these instead of the bases that come with their figures.

This is particularly popular in historical gaming and also some Warhammer Fantasy players use (square ones) as they can be placed in movement trays so all the ground sits flat under the models, as the bases aren’t tapered.

I use the 25, 30 and 40mm circular MDF bases to build my base and mount my model on before I attach the lot to the top of the normal 30, 40 and 50mm Wyrd plastic base (respectively).

I'm not sure where you can get this in the USA maybe one of the US guys can help?