Effigies and Arsenal Decks

Iron Heel

Uh... Was it ever mentioned that the effigies would NOT all be in the neverborn deck? They are essentially all dual faction neverborn before dual faction existed.

I'm certain they will all go into their Parent Factions.....the Neverborn hiring thing was just a Neverborn perk, they weren't technically NB models.

As a Marcus player, I'm someone affected by the need to buy decks that I only need one or two cards out of. I don't play NB or Ressers, but I need Silurids, Waldgeists, and Canine Remains.......I could also go for a Gremlin Deck just for Pigs.

So I'm NOT someone who isn't affected by this and I lobbied for some easier/cheaper way for me to get the cards I need too.

Wyrd has proven in the past, that even though they are a company that obviously needs to make a profit, they are not irrational money-grubbers. With the amount of talk on this subject, I'm sure if there was a cost-effective way for them to placate us, they would.

Apparently there isn't, or the only options aren't anything they want to do (like on-line PDF's). That's their choice. I as a consumer can't expect them to operate at a loss, just for the minority of players that are going to be in this situation (like me).

They're apparently already trying to keep the costs of the Arsenal Decks down.........compare. Wyrd decks are about 55 (or more) cards for $8....that's $0.15 per card.....WM decks are 90 cards for $18.99....that's $0.21 per card. That's the difference between decks for profit and decks to break even (I could reasonably assume)....a full $0.06 per card.

Whine about it, cry about it, rage quit, boycott, photocopy or scan someone else's cards.......whatever makes you happy. But for you're own sanity, I'd give up this fight. If it can happen it will, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

What would you suggest a Collodi player do with the rest of the cards?

Maybe build a house of cards? Wallpaper their bedroom? Use them as particularly extravagant toilet paper?

Sets of M2E stat cards split out by crew box (all the Ortega cards, all the Freikorps cards) have recently been selling on ebay for approximately half of the cost of a full arsenal pack

Your examples show you have a good imagination, so use it in a more productive way and I'm sure you'll be able to think of a way to use those 200 cards without being wasteful.

Wyrd have said they're thinking about electrical distribution, but that they don't know yet. Saying that pirating their ip is legitimate is probably not the best way to go about getting their good will and persuading them over to your pov.

Everyone understands it's an issue for some people. Some people have seen Wyrd come through in the past often enough to trust them while they go through this busy time.

As it happens, I'll probably have a spare brutal effigy card that I could possibly give to a destitute Collodhi player once I pick up the wave 2 deck.

I don't think it's a matter of greed. I think it's a matter of not exploring all available options.

For instance, they don't even have to be smaller print runs. Print out a metric slop ton of extra cards that people will need or want to order, on an individual basis, focusing specifically on cards that might not be in big enough quantities in the Arsenal Packs.

If they're already placing an order for printing the Arsenal Packs themselves to be printed, a few thousand extra cards aren't going to put much of a dent in the price. They'd be priced the same as ordering the same quantity of cards in the Arsenal Packs.

It's the shipping costs, of stat cards specifically, and every parcel in general that's doing them in. Flat rate is a ripoff unless your product weighs more than is feasible. Charge the customers shipping based on the options they choose. For shipping stat cards, bubble mailer envelopes work wonders. Heck, I've had single models mailed to me in them, from private sellers, and I've had my bits order from PP sent in one, too. All metal minis, no harm, no foul.

Slightly off topic, but will we be getting an Effigy of Slop and Effigy of Thunder?

Yes. (Although you got the names slightly off)

Since the contents of Wave 2 Arsenal decks haven't even been announced, and since this topic seems to be rather controversial around here (more so than the thread on race, major kudos for keeping that one polite) I'm locking this.

Enjoy the beta tomorrow. :)