New player with some questions

chessurecat

Hey guys, being new to the hobby I had a few questions about this game that I am growing rather fond of. I started with the Kaeris box set and since shes a henchmen, the card has a soulstone cost rather than a soulstone cache. Various online resources tell me she has 5 stones, but i wanted to know where they are getting that information so I can have better knowledge for myself and the people i am encouraging to play this game. Any tips for encouraging others to play? I play a very predominately 40k store. While we do play other games, drifting away from 40k is a hard sell. I have so far been going with the minimal cost value to jump in, new mechanic of cards(vs dice), and the variety of themes that should appeal to most gamers. So any other thoughts or ideas? I know my two questions are very different but it seemed like this is the place to ask the questions. THANKS AGAIN.

Karis should have a Cache value on her card as well as the SS cost. I believe it is printed just under her name. As far as getting people in, undead hookers, shine-swiggin' gremlins, Frankenstein monsters along with an Ice Queen and a Fire Witch. Not to mention a Mother of All Monsters, a Bringer of Woe and giant man-eating Teddy Bears. Uh where could you go wrong? Oh and the fact that is more balanced than 40k? Play to schemes and strategies so even if you get tabled you can still win. Think that should sell it.

Kaeris has a henchmen reserve (5). That number is both her allowed maximum cache and the number of extra soulstones she brings to the game (when used as a leader) that can be used to hire extra models. so in a 25 SS game she can actually hire 30 ss of models, but this would leave her starting cache as 0.

Hope that helps