Freebooter's Fate

caen

I know that this game use card mechanics, have great quality models and is skirmish. Somebody had played Freebooter's Fate? I would like to know more about this game: are there scenarios/missions, how deep/complicated there rules are, how long game last, how big the gaming table is, how much terrain is used?

Most of the info about it is in German - that is why I am asking here.

I don't know much about the game. I really like the look of it.

Apparently it is one of the international successful German games :)

Send me the link and I can have a look and translate.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

The pages I found have all an English flag and if I click on them I get the translated website.

The Mastermind behind this game did some sculpts for Malifaux in the past... Mr. Klocke...

Game seems to be quite fun, i never played aactively myself but know some folks who do... they described it as "good and funny but a bit on the beginners side" more than that i can't offer...

Ok, just from the videos:

The game takes place in the Caribbean. A king made a city very rich. He died and had four successors and of course they quarrel with each other. So some pirates try to have their share as well as the former enslaved goblins....

You have four parties:

Imperial guards: supporting the Kings (good at range)

Pirates: burning and looting (not mentioned)

Goblins: rebelling (come in hordes)

Brotherhood: nobody knows their aim. They are mysterious assassins (good in close combat)

It is a skirmish game with different missions. It is played with cards instead of dice.

The deck includes cards with numbers (from one to ten), fortune cards (events happening), and target zone cards.

When you hit your opponent's models you declare some areas in secret (picking target zone cards and putting them face down on the table). The opponent tries to defend this areas by guessing them (also picking target zone cards). Then there is some sort of attack but the mechanism wasn't described. I would guess some flipping as you have stats for every target zone. But it is really just a guess.

The rule book seems to be a bit unclear (with out a table of content for special rules) but otherwise fine and in full color.

The miniatures seem highly detailed and fun to paint (from video).

Hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

BTW, thanks for drawing my attention back to that game... was already thinking about starting it in the past because of the goblins :)

Edited by Boon