M2E rulebook availability in local game store

caen

We don't have an official answer, but in every other year the Book released at Gencon has been in shops that september.

I would therefore expect the rules to be on general release by the time of the second wave, but if not then they might well give use the PDF to use during the beta.

Although, that does depend on your shop and its distributors.

Alliance has a bad habit of taking items away from smaller volume shops and filling the orders / amended orders of the larger volume shops, making the smaller ones have to wait, instead of just giving both sizes of shops their initial orders and rushing out the add-ons to the larger volume shops' orders.

Also, keep in mind, each month's releases tend to hit store shelves at the end of the month, instead of the beginning, so we might as well say October.

With that being said, I'd opt for getting the book direct from Gencon every year, as you can at least use the rules from the book while waiting for the models.

If one can afford it.

Between sale at MSRP and the bump up in S&H, buying just the book as a Canadian could be as much as $70-80, depending on how the currency exchange is at the time, and whether or not it gets dinged at the border.

A significant markup for something I may be able to get for $35-40 at my local shop.

Don't get me wrong; if people want it badly, I say go for it. I'm just saying we shouldn't downplay it like it's no big thing. That's a lot of cash for just the rule book, plus the 1-7 arsenal decks a player would want to update their cards for actual gameplay.

I had friends who banded together to put in 2 orders last year, but waited to get Book 4 locally myself. Of course, part of that was also tied to having zero Guild figures available until the start of the new year.

If one can afford it.

Between sale at MSRP and the bump up in S&H, buying just the book as a Canadian could be as much as $70-80, depending on how the currency exchange is at the time, and whether or not it gets dinged at the border.

A significant markup for something I may be able to get for $35-40 at my local shop.

Don't get me wrong; if people want it badly, I say go for it. I'm just saying we shouldn't downplay it like it's no big thing. That's a lot of cash for just the rule book, plus the 1-7 arsenal decks a player would want to update their cards for actual gameplay.

Its a steady diet of Ritz crackers for the next few weeks :)

If one can afford it.

I can not affort it, shipping to Europe is so expensive... I will be waiting till I can buy rulebook in my LGS.

And that iw why I hope that new rulebook will be in availabe in LGS ASAP - I would like to contribute do second wave of Beta - and without of knowledge about final rules and final stats it will be not possible.

Edited by caen

Then hopefully there will be a free pdf of the finalized official rules, like they did with the RM for 1.5.

Considering there are 2/3rds of the models and the avatars still out there in the limbo called second wave, more hands on deck for playtesting could only be a good thing. Folks who don't frequent the forums are probably still unaware of the change to M2E, and will be shocked and amazed come post Gencon. Seeing the new sculpts will likely pique their curiosity.

And that iw why I hope that new rulebook will be in availabe in LGS ASAP - I would like to contribute do second wave of Beta - and without of knowledge about final rules and final stats it will be not possible.

This had never even crossed my mind. Thanks a lot for pointing it out, not that I can actually do anything about the situation.

Although I've never uttered this before... here's hoping for a free rules and possibly stats PDF. I believe that the second wave playtest in particular is going to be vital, and testing time is precious.

....here's hoping for a free rules and possibly stats PDF. I believe that the second wave playtest in particular is going to be vital, and testing time is precious.

There is always possibility that second wave will be posponed till Rulebooks will be available in LGS - and I belive in rather this solution than free rules or stats in pdf.

There is always possibility that second wave will be posponed till Rulebooks will be available in LGS - and I belive in rather this solution than free rules or stats in pdf.

Not that my opinion would have any impact on the process itself, but I wholeheartedly agree with you. I'm actually quite hopeful about this occurring; Wyrd isn't aiming for a "hard" release that they rely on to bring in sales (like Gencon or possibly Christmas) and have shown that they're happy to dely things like Leveticus that they feel haven't quite worked yet. A slow and steady second wave would be perfect, considering how many models there are to be worked through and how many existing models they're going to be interacting with.