Dear Wyrd- Thank you for not doing what this company did.

Dustcrusher

Dear Wyrd staff,

Apparently another company has joined the ranks of those who have a strict "don't link to our competition on our boards" line of thought: http://www.warlordgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8454

I just wanted to say "thank you" for not going this route. I like that I can post a link to another company's website and you guys don't get upset about it. I like that you recognize that for the most part*, allowing us to freely discuss this hobby is good for business in the long run.

Please don't change this. It's another reason that you guys stand out from the rest *grin*

Sincerely,

Matt aka Dustcrusher

*not counting things that could get you in legal trouble, or rare occasions when modhammering is necessary, of course.

+1, I don't like heavy forum moderation too. Hell, new advertising rules on Corvus Belli's forum was the reason we've split into an unofficial one.

I can understand WG's decision. They're a producer of historical minis... one of dozens. I, personally, love their minis, live that I can get 2 boxes and have 2 complete Saga armies and something left over, but they're rightly concerned that people will get their rules and find some other manufacturer/scale to play it. However, this is exactly the reason I needed to decide to [not] play Bolt Action. Freedom of miniatures in historical systems is a big deal for me. I wanted to get into Fire and Sword, saw that they require 100% official minis in tournaments and go as far as to prescribe the exact composition of a command stand or "official kitbashes", didn't take it up even though it's a really good game.