Big Ned's hobby thread

Big Ned

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be honest, A&D kinda crushed my enthusiasm for painting for a few weeks but,

I'm back with a brief break from Arcanists to paint up a Latigo Pistolero to count as my Gunslinger I'll be playing in an upcoming game of 'Through the Breach'

20140605_231933_zpshb6bsbz7.jpg20140605_231846_zpsvr82crs1.jpg

Thats actually the first ashes and dust Ive seen that makes me think "that model wasnt as horrible as i thought" its still a sculpt that probably will be improved in the new plastic. And since i havent liked any of the new stuff over the old apart from rasputina thats quite something coming from me.

• Like 1

Thank you, I always try and give faces a bit of special attention as it's often the focal point of a model.

Eyes

I tend to do a wash over the eye and eye socket, to define the edges. Then I use a fine brush and a steady hand to paint the white part.

Finally I decude where I want the model to be looking and I position the model so they'd be staring at me as I paint the pupils.