Wong and Jack Daw

EnternalVoid

Question

So as we were sitting about discussing the amusement of Wong and the troubles of putting together Bert some jokes about Bacon Curse came up as we went. Namely what happens in the case of Jack Daw.

According to Wong's card they replace their card with the Piglet card save for their Wd stat and being immune to Load them up. So we looked up Transformation in the book and looked at Jack Daw's card and we are not sure what exactly would happen to him if he was turned into a piglet by Wong.

We could not find any clear answer and to be completely honest it might need a Marshal to rule as Jack Daw does not technically have any Wd Stat outside of a "*" which likely is suppose to be a references his Oldest Magic and Undying. Now Oldest Magic and Undying both had "This ability can't be negated nor removed by any means". Now the questions that come down to, Transformation you use a different card then the model's original card, and in Bacon Curse's case you only retain your orginal Wd stat. Does the Errata's addition to Jack Daw's ability override Transformation and he retains those despite now being a piglet or does it not and he not have any wounds?

I am guessing it overrides but wanted to throw this out as I am sure it might come up at some point as Wong is a walking magic attack factor and people love magic attacks against Jack Daw.

Edit:

Realized I was not very clear on my last setence. I would believe he keeps the Oldest Magic and Undying as a Piglet but he is transformed into a piglet. Wanted to clear that up.

Edited by EnternalVoid

4 answers to this question

Well first Jacks controller has to discard one control card (or soulstone) to stop the wound from killing him. Then the bacon curse hits Jack so he must win a CA->13 duel. If he doesn't then pig transformation begins. Since the Oldest of Magics and Undying state that they cannot be removed by any means, to me this means that when a "Jack piglet" the two abilities would considered to be printed on his card since transforming would effectively replace Jacks card with a piglet card. But I can see how it might be said that the Cannot be removed means that he cannot be transformed since cannot trumps must. The question becomes if he cannot be transformed you still have 2 more actions to inflict damage and make your opponent discard cards or stones. Either way use So'mer and skeeters to make your opponent discard his hand then hit Jack with Wong and whatever minion (rami would be a good choice since you can get CB 7) you made magical, unless they discard 6 stones (assuming all hit) Jack is dead. If not they are damn near out of stones so should be easier to kill said master. Or you could just bury him and unbury him into the middle of a horde of Greenskins that can focus shot him to death...