Final_Crucible's Miniature Thread

Final_Crucible

Hi Everyone,

My name is Final_Crucible, and I am very much new to this whole miniature painting thing. I painted a Kirai Crew for my friend and decided I needed to get into the hobby, so I will be updating this thread with some of my work as I develop it! Hope you enjoy :)

Malifaux Raptor: Painting Like A Macaw

post-12466-13911928232717_thumb.jpg

Purifying Flame: Going More Red

post-12466-13911928807501_thumb.jpg

Sonnia Evidence Marker: Burned Rune

post-12466-1391192893446_thumb.jpg

Nicodem: Did The Spots For A Friend

post-12466-13911929500015_thumb.jpg

As Stated before, I will add more as I paint, and hopefully will add better quality images :)

Edited by Final_Crucible

Nice start. I had very little interest in painting them once i started, so it good to see someone actually taking their time to get him right.

Also, is that base one of the new wyrd clear bases? I imagined they would be a darker blue based on the pictures online that i've seen

Looks really cool. Would like to see an up front picture too. :)

The thing about the bases is that the photos of them are pretty weird. The golden bases are actually more brighter than on the images. I originally bought them expecting them to have a similar tone as the Outcast Yellow, but it is more vibrant, actually. The purples, reds and greens are actually pretty spot on. Maybe a bit brighter on the greens, but still close enough. The bases are awesome.

I wish they had Ten Thunder orange out there... WOuld be more fitting to my orange zombie hordes. <3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It has been awhile, so I've decided to show off some art again! This is not malifaux...I'm taking a short break thanks to a lack of motivation (the one main person I usually play and paint with ended up being a chump...so yeah...I'm very disheartened about Malifaux atm) so I'm working on Anima Tactics!

Also, I'm working on doing skin with gentle blending and not the magic combo (Base, Wash, Drybrush)

So...here is what I got. The picture sucks, but I wanted to show off my progress...I'm pretty proud :)

post-12466-13911929691589_thumb.jpg

Oh wow, thank you both of you! I can't believe both Mako and Bleach both posted here (bleach, I know you posted here before, but I do love how you both posted so quickly too!) XD I actually follow both of your threads so I'm happy you noticed me. Okay, I'm done gushing now haha but you two both just really made my day :)

I've been only doing this seriously for a few months, so it's still hard for me to be patient with blending haha but I have some great videos and some great tutorials, so that helps :)

The model is from Anima: Tactics, the model is Yuki.

Thanks again :D

Awesome! lol

I should get into better blending as well. People often tend to wet blend directly on the model... but I guess I am lacking the skills/practice to do that efficiently. Especially with small tid bits.

Your skin does look great, though better lighting would help to see it better!

I browsed through the models they have. Some of them are really good. May pick up one or two once my backlog is... well practically gone. xD

Also Yuki's artwork shows he with even bigger ears than on the model. Very anime like with such big ears.

I would love to send you the video I've been following if I could. It talks about feathering between colors and all that fun stuff. But, trust me, I went back and forth a lot to get it satisfactory haha I'm too much of a perfectionist :P But I am working on an inexpensive light box to show off the miniatures a bit better than my crappy phone haha

The models are fun...but very complicated. Lots of ribbon and lace and all that fun stuff haha

For that short a time painting seriously, you've got really smooth blends there. Nice one

I really should post in people's threads more, but I still have that thing of not knowing what to say when I do. Strange but true!

Patience is the hardest part I find, it's so tempting to just thicken that one layer, or do a bigger area, but then suddenly you end up patching up things that stop going so well. If you can hang on and take all the time you need, that's the key bit. You'll just keep getting better and better.