Yan Lo and Hunpo Assault

E.T.A. Hoffman

Question

9 answers to this question

I meant to look this up last night at home, but I forgot. Sadly I don't have my book in front of me - I'm pretty sure you need to win the initial duel for it to go off though. Otherwise if you had hand full of rams you could just attack like 14 times.

I meant to look this up last night at home, but I forgot. Sadly I don't have my book in front of me - I'm pretty sure you need to win the initial duel for it to go off though. Otherwise if you had hand full of rams you could just attack like 14 times.

I'm pretty sure the trigger states that it can only be triggered once per activation.

I'm pretty sure the trigger states that it can only be triggered once per activation.

Quite possible, I'm at the disadvantage of being bookless currently - making sure to look it up tonight. Even if it's just once a turn if it automatically goes off that raises its stock in my eyes a bit!

Level 4 (CHI): Gains CB (:crows:rams): Hunpo Assault [Khakkhara]: This model performs a Khakkhara Strike and a Spirit Barrage Strike targeting each enemy model within 2". This Trigger may be used once per activation.

Keep in mind that triggers take effect as long as they were declared, and since this trigger does not require you to actually Hit, Damage, or Kill the target, the first time it is declared in an activation it will work.

Wowza!!! Didn't realize that it was possible to still trigger on a failed attack. Bonus!

Most triggers specify when they can be used (like after damaging, after hitting, after successfully casting, etc). If they don't, then they can be used any time the listed stat is used (like Surge). I think the lack of a timing explanation on Hunpo Assault is an oversight, personally, and not intended to work on a miss, but I am not Wyrd.