TT Specific modelling questions

AJB2K3

It depends what you want from your base.

Wyrd have a range called Asian Zen which is certainly orential themed. They seem to be based on the typical japanese style garden.

I've seen some very good homemde ones using cocktail sticks to look like bamboo flooring.

Most base insert companies will have something similar in their range. I normally just look through what my local shops have rather than search the web.

It depends what you want from your base.

Wyrd have a range called Asian Zen which is certainly orential themed. They seem to be based on the typical japanese style garden.

I've seen some very good homemde ones using cocktail sticks to look like bamboo flooring.

Most base insert companies will have something similar in their range. I normally just look through what my local shops have rather than search the web.

Unfortunately my local store is ebay

The base inserts from wyrd are pretty cool, for an alternate take there are the Secret Weapons miniatures range of bases. They have good Asian themed base sets and just about anything else you could think of like cobblestone, city street, swamp, rocky, desert, ect.

If you dont feel like getting new bases or base inserts you can always get some GW texture paint. Just brush it into the base and give it one wash, gives you a quick good looking base. For example I just layer on some armageddon dust and wash with devlan mud to get a decent swamp base, or you can use the same layer but wash with sepia and drybrush a light golden yellow to give yourself desert sand.