mccabe lucius list missing the last piece as well as other's thoughts on his ss cache

Omega Rechara

have a 35ss list put together as follows (12ss remaining to spend)

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Lucas McCabe -- 8 Pool

+ Relic: Glowing Sabre [2ss]

+ Relic: Invigorating Bridle [1ss]

+ Relic: Strangemetal Shirt [3ss]

Lucius [10ss]

Drill Sergeant [3ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

want to put in a fast melee capable heavy hitter to back up mccabe while the austringers & lucius firebase provide artillery support but uncertain as to who would be a good compliment (as well as how many ss i should consider for mccabe's final pool given the selected relics listed above)

The Guild Captain is not fast... but both Lucas and Lucius can move him around. He can really take a beating in melee. If you have him that gives you a 5 SS pool.

You can also drop one Austringer and pick up Sadir or a couple of other Westral/Stalker/Guardsmen type models and a totom (Student of Drill). With Lucius I don't use more than one Austringer.

The Guild Captain is not fast... but both Lucas and Lucius can move him around. He can really take a beating in melee. If you have him that gives you a 5 SS pool.

aye, i had considered using the guild captain, just wasn't sure if the 5ss pool would be ample enough for mccabe if it's just him & el capitan charging forth while the lucius firebase supports from behind

You can also drop one Austringer and pick up Sadir or a couple of other Westral/Stalker/Guardsmen type models and a totom (Student of Drill). With Lucius I don't use more than one Austringer.

thus far i've been having trouble with sidir (course, it's likely not made easier to learn him due to the fact that i've been going up against misaki's crew), but the austringers' have rarely done me wrong (also, worth noting that the drill sarge is attached to lucius, with mccabe flying solo)

Well you could look at the Judge, who isn't really all that great but I would go with the cheaper Fransico. Brutal Effergy isn't to bad, or you could just go with LOADS of dogs!

i had been considering the judge, as i'd long liked the model but hadn't really found a guild master who could take him that i found i like the style of (seeing as lucius is limited in his selection of minions). I hadn't considered Francisco & he certainly seems a rather interesting idea that i'll definitely put some thought into (main detractor however is his relative lack of durability, which is something i was hoping to have so that an enemy would have to split focus re: the offensive element of the crew as opposed to just doing focus fire on one then piling around mccabe). Likewise, i hadn't considered the effigy though, it appears i wouldn't be able to take him with the current list due to the presence of lucius (certainly a bummer).

One of the lists i had been considering using already contained dogs, as is seen below:

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Lucas McCabe -- 7 Pool

+ Relic: Glowing Sabre [2ss]

+ Relic: Invigorating Bridle [1ss]

+ Relic: Strangemetal Shirt [3ss]

Luna [3ss]

Lucius [10ss]

Drill Sergeant [3ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

Guild Hound [3ss]

Though, i find myself hesitant to do so given their relative squishiness coupled with my uncertainty as to the offensive effectiveness. Thanks for the ideas though, different thought processes is part of the reason i set up this thread.

Unless you are going to need a morale buff from the captain, I would consider rlye. Ryle is better at range, and just as good at melee. The only set back for Ryle vs captain being the captain has H2W And rRyle doesn't. Ryle can push out of melee with most of misakis crew and is faster than the captain though.

Edited by Agreen53
phone keyboard...