Lynch

Super Lo-Fi

Hey guys! I will be fielding Jakob tomorrow night. I only have the box (Jakob, Hippo, The Illuminated x3) and Graves. So I will be running that list, with one Ronin. I'm not a huge fan of Ronin at 5ss, so you can imagine at 6ss. Do you even think this is a list that could do anything. I'm usually a straight 10T player, fielding Misaki as my Master.

Thanks in advance guys!

It ofcourse all depends on what strategy and schemes you pick, and what your opponent's running. But the box isn't that bad from the start. Illuminated are decent both offensively and defensively. Graves is the tricky one to use, I think. Try to use Pacmans.. sorry, Huggys Heed My Voice and Graves Bar's Closed to move enemy models into Graves range to flurry.

Also, what's not to like about Ronin? They're an absolute steal at 5ss, and as mercs for 6ss they're still pretty awesome. Ofc it depends on what you're facing, as does everything.

They ignore terrain when walking/chargin, they can push their cg and make a strike (very good against things that put up obscuring auras for example), they can push even further after landing a strike if they wanto. So in the thick of combat, they can be incredibly fast.

They have a builtin positive on dg, which is great, and they also ignore armor. They can get Df8! and they have Hard to Kill, so they won't go down in one hit. I can't tell you how often I've managed to beat an opponents Ronin to 1Wd and then missed my last attack, only to have them Sepoku, netting 2ss to my opponent and denying me my points for Slaughter or similar.

Can you tell I like them? :-P

Dark Debts is an Ok force strait out of the box, when you swap in a couple of Beckoners it does become a whole lot more flexible. I didn't include any Illuminated in my first few games but have started running with 1-2 now and I do like what they offer to the crew.

I'd suggest picking up a set of depleted and beckoners asap for a bit of variation in lists, also look into tannens abilities and when you play your games think of where you'd like to have him and decide if the purchase is worth it

I love my illuminated and the flexibility they seem to bring. With them (2 or 3), some beckoners and a stitched together I base the rest of my list off of what I'm feeling that night towards schemes and junk.

Mr Graves gives great movement early on for your crew, and can mess with your opponents set up later on.

For 10 Thunders, I haven't tried it yet, but read that the torokage and move HD around faster with Mistaken Identity. Not 100% though since I don't have their card on me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...