Custom Fate decks

Richelieu

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think for the UK guys. If getting them after Adepticon is an option we will have Old Man Myke handle the UK group order. It will allow him to pick them up at Adepticon and hopefully make the shipping bordering on reasonable.

I don't foresee this being available much before Adepticon in general. I will likely let this thread go until the second week of February. This will allow the printer time to get these right and get them out to Ohio early April.

So again if you want them pre-adepticon Closseau or Rocky can handle the order, if after adepticon is prefered Myke will handle them. Just mention uk group order and pre or post adepticon and we will get everything straightened around.

I've discovered Canada Post's website is brutal. Near as I can tell there isn't any "flat rate shipping" options for parcels, only envelopes. I'll have to go to the post office to get a firm quote, but unfortunately that'll have to wait until Monday as I'm heading out of town for the weekend.

That doesn't sound promising for sane prices! Got to love Canada post, and I say that having experienced the wonders of Royal Mail...

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Ouch, having just wasted a while on Canada post's site, the best I can get to is about $14 to ship Vancouver to Toronto, regular post.

@Mach_5 and Mako

Just checked with the clerk at the post office. Best case is just under $15 without taking into account an envelope for safety. Express post is $16 dollars.

I used a local Sudbury postal code and V5K0A1 I pulled from the internet. As much as I love these decks, I don't see myself paying that much for transportation.

Damn you Canada. Why must you be so big and expensive.

Also, she looked at me like I was a crazy person when I dropped a sealed deck of cards on her desk.

Ok what seems to hurt quite a bit is... I can do a large envelope for 4-6 decks it would appear and get a cheaper rate. As long as the thickness isn't over 3/4". The deck box is 3/4". The deck is 5/8" unwrapped. Not sure the trade off of sending decks in an unlined envelope is a good one.

Mach5's spot on about the scheme decks. $12 for a "complete" scheme deck with updates.

Huh. It's interesting, that while our world is rapidly shrinking due to our ability to electronically communicate with folks around the world in a blink of an eye, it feels bigger than 10 years ago in respect to ability to transport goods. TV killed the radio star, I guees (or, perhaps email killed the snail-mail star).

My advice for folks abroad: check with other locals to see if folks want to go in together for a group order to save on shipping. It's a bear of a cost for a single deck, but spread out over multiple decks it might not be as bad.

@Rhonlore, that was for a single deck though right? It would probably work out better to pack multiple decks into one box. TTB is charging $25 for international but that's for up to 8 decks.

Edit: never mind, old news. ;)

Edited by Mach_5

If anyone ends up spearheading a group order, make sure you let Richeileu know. I can commit to adding a small, but awesome, thank you for folks who take on local organizing/delivery duties.

I agree about the retro deck - it is quite cool! Anyhow, cards are like dice - it's not a question of "which one?". You need them all. :)

Also, Richelieu, nice forum avatar. ;)