Which are the "best fit" laser cut buildings for Malifaux???

Iron Heel

Hi,

I think I may finally ordet some laser cut MDF old west buildings for Malifaux.

There are several companies that do these, but since I've never seen any in comparison pics with each other and Malifaux figures, I am not sure which looks best size/scale-wise.

Thus far, my two front runners are:

http://www.sarissa-precision.co.uk/store/oldwestHR/

and

http://store.aetherworks.com.au/index.php?cPath=126_1205_1206

I am in the US (Why is nobody making these here? The place where the "Old West" occurred!), so Sarissa offering free international postage on orders of 50 British Pounds is appealing...although I've not looked into the expensiveness of Australian post.

If you own an example of one, both, or others, please share your thoughts. I will be looking to spend around $80-100.

I think it is the 28mm Heroic from Sarissa they have at my gaming store, and they are excellent for malifaux. But from what i hear they have buildings made for the game so you can email them for the recommended settings for it.

Aetherworks i have not seen however so i do not know if they are the right size, but sarissa are very good imo. :)

I'm a big fan of Sarissa. The Old West Heroic range are certainly the best in terms of scale (a bit bigger than 28mm) and flexibility. The City Block range is also very good and fits the Malifaux town concept very well. I've just built the warehouse and intent to turn it into an illegal gambling den for Lynch. Finally, the Adobe range as also good, and would pack away well, especially if you need to transport your scenery.

I also recommend 4Ground for their wagons (useful scatter terrain) and Black Flag (I think) who make a great gallows.

There's another thread on here somewhere with various photos.

I'm a big fan of Sarissa. The Old West Heroic range are certainly the best in terms of scale (a bit bigger than 28mm) and flexibility. The City Block range is also very good and fits the Malifaux town concept very well. I've just built the warehouse and intent to turn it into an illegal gambling den for Lynch. Finally, the Adobe range as also good, and would pack away well, especially if you need to transport your scenery.

Seconded.

I can't recommend Sarissa enough.

Here's my collection

20130120_115602.jpg

That's a mix of mainly smallplus and mediumplus with some other special buildings.

Of the buildings that I have only the Knuckleduster/Tri-City Laser start to look a little small as far as doors and windows are concerned. Sarissa is a good match and has good prices. Battle Flag is probably the best. Gamecraft is good, and US based, but there are no interiors. You can add optional floors and some bracing for to hold the 2nd story in a 2 story building. Gamecraft has a lot of other very cool stuff to go along with their buildings.

If you go to my blog (which was linked above) there are reviews of different buildings going all the way back to October 2012, including one for Aetherworks. I do like the Aetherworks buildings but the shipping is really expensive.

As far as I can tell Aetherworks doens't make any interior or exterior furniture. Gamecraft miniatures makes a nice set of furniture and exterior and interior stairs. Your other option for furniture is Frontline Wargaming http://www.frontlinewargaming.co.uk/

Here is a shot of the single Aetherworks building that I have. I would like some more.

post-1599-13911927596302_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome! Definitely a good match for Malifaux, which means Battle Flag will look just about right and Sarissa might be a bit small, but not noticeably once the action has started. Aetherworks does have a deal right now on international shipping. If your shipping total is over $50AU, then they will include a post office building (flat roof) with your order.