Desperately seeking games in Houston!

kross1

Greetings from Houston!

A couple of months ago I decided it was time to move on from 40k, w/their recent edition my army just didn't play the way I wanted it too anymore, & I just couldn't justify spending the time & hundreds of dollars, to make it work or to start another army. Also as a father of 2 daughters that were taking an interest in my hobbying, i decided to make a switch. So after some time looking scanning the net I came a cross Malifaux, said what the hell & jumped in w/both feet! I bought the small rulebook, 2 fate decks, 2 boxes of terraclips w/connectors & 2 starter boxes (Kaeris & the Dreamer + a blister of Daydreams). I have read the rulebook, bookmarked the pullmyfinger wiki & prepped my models for painting. The thing is I am more of a learn from experience kind've guy & am looking for a couple of demo games to get my feet wet & a regular gaming group to play in, before teaching my girls. So anybody in Houston out there playing Malifaux, I would love to play some games & I am willing to travel to get them.

Thanx for your time!

Kross

Hi Kross,

If you have trouble finding local players the Vassal module is a great way to get games with people from outside your area. It has a relatively shallow learning curve and while it is not as cool as getting play with your actual minis it is still a great way to play the game. I too have trouble finding people locally to play with and I have been able to get a bunch of games on Vassal. We are also starting a league if your interested. Check out my post in the Vassal forum if your interested.

I haven't been to Houston much, but did want to say hello, since you're a fellow Texan. I am in Austin and we are slowly getting a good number of regular players. I think one player said he travels to Houston occasionally - will ask him next time I see him. Also wanted to let you know about a forum for Central Texas gaming, www.centexwar.com - it is more the Austin area, but there are a few people from Houston who pop on now and then - though not any that play Malifaux that I know of yet. Feel free to send me a PM if you happen to come to the Austin area.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Also found these links - the Dead of Winter league should be a good beginner event.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?38313-Dead-of-Winter-Asgard-Games-%28Houston-Tx%29

http://www.meetup.com/Beyond-the-Breach/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kross,

I'm looking to get started with a demo in Malifaux too. Not sure what area of Houston you're in but there is another henchman here on the north side trying to get a community going. He's currently doing demos in the Spring and Kingwood area. You may want to try joining the Malifaux Houston group on Facebook too.

Thanx Maraken. I currently have been playing at Asgard Games off of Shepard in the Loop, playing in there "Dead of Winter" achievement league. I have only got one win so far, but it's been a blast. If you would like to get a game in shoot me pm & we'll get together.

Kross

• 4 weeks later...