Possible tournament crew

Bacms

Hello everyone,

I asked help in this forum a couple of months ago or so because I decided to go to a tournament and to start malifaux at the same time. However that tournament ended up being cancelled but I had already taken the plug on malifaux and I am glad that was the case.

Another tournament is now being organized close to my are and a few people from my gaming club are going so I plan to join them. So I need your help again to choose my crew for this. This is fixed master, 25SS from a pool consisting of any starter box, the master's totem (if not in the box) and 1 blister or box of minions (not henchmen). More information in here:

[url=http://<a href="http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?37758-Lost-Love-25SS-Tournament-in-Essex-17th-Feb" target="_blank">http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?37758-Lost-Love-25SS-Tournament-in-Essex-17th-Feb</a&gt]http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?37758-Lost-Love-25SS-Tournament-in-Essex-17th-Feb

I was thinking in what to take I still have the crew I prepared for the last tournament but I can't use it with the new rules which was:

Guild Crew - 25 - Scrap

Lady Justice
--
5 Pool

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Executioner
    [7ss]

• Guild Austringer
    [5ss]

So I was thinking I can take out the Executioner and put the judge back in. Or instead use my new Perdita crew which I got as part of the holiday miniature exchange and take out papa loco for the austringer so it would look like this:

Guild Crew - 25 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega
--
3 Pool

• Francisco Ortega
    [5ss]

• Guild Austringer
    [5ss]

• Nino Ortega
    [7ss]

• Santiago Ortega
    [7ss]

Which one do you think it would work better? I also have a few other blisters that I can potentially use such as: the watcher, abuela ortega, the guardian, scales of justice and Bruttal effigy. Which one do you think it would work better.

Hello

First thing to say is that you don't need to play the same list every game. You might want to, but you will have a pool of models to select from. So with that in mind I'm going to look at what pool you might want.

Your most important choice is which master you want to play. I assume you have little experience with either master, so its down to personal preference really. Perdita is possibly a little more forgiving of errors, but then her starter box is a little more complicated.

After you have chosen the master you will need to pick a Blister.

If you Pick the Justice box I would suggest 1 of the following as your Blister

Nino Ortega - Good long range shooter

Austringer - Good long range Shooter

Santiago Ortega - Good medium range shooter who is quite tough.

Executioner - Good melee model.

Nino and Santiago will compete with Justice and the judge for masks. But otherwise they are all good choices for your pool.

If you pick Perdita then I would look at the following as your booster choice

Austringer - Good long range shooting

Executioner - Good Melee model and great obey target for you.

3 Death Marshalls - Versitility to your selected lists. I probaly wouldn't pick all 3 in 1 list if I had Perdita as a master but the ability to take 1 or 2 can make fitting the points that much easier. And if you do have a scheme like reconnotre, it can be helpful to have more models.

Which is the best pool does depend on how you play. Aggresive players will get more use out of the executioner than the Austringer for example, but for defensive play it is hard to beat the Austringers ability to shoot without line of sight.

I'd take a slightly different approach -

Perdita

Enslaved Nephilim - 2

Nino - 7

Santiago - 7

Watcher - 3

Pool of 8ss (inc Perdita's cache of 2)

In a smaller game a master like Perdita with a full 8ss will be able to deal with most things herself, but combined with the Obey's on either Santiago or Nino (depending on situation) and great hand control (Watcher's Forewarned plus Perdita's Hero's Gamble) should give you the ability to deal with anything.

Nino's long range strikes combined with 2 Obeys and Trigger Happy is usually devastating;

Santiago's threat range of 16" plus 6":pulse for Leadstorm will really hurt low wound models

The Watcher can usually just use Forewarned for the first three turns then manoeuvre into position for Claim Jump / Breakthrough / Reconnoitre / whatever.

Combine either of the above with Companion and you have some horrendous damage output

Anything Nino or Santiago don't deal with should be fairly easy meat for Perdita

That's how I'd do it anyway. That said, it suits my play style, it may not suit yours.

Cheers

Rob

I believed it is a fixed pool so only one model outside the box is allowed for the all tournament. Not picking a different one every turn.

I like the suggestions for the perdita crew and will give it a try next week after I am done with all the craziness of trying to fit painting a full 1850 40k army is just over a month