SC's new Malifaux painting thread (post-switch to white)

SpiralngCadavr

Thanks, all!

On the Strongarm, yeah, it didn't win anything when I did it, but I've gotten a lot of nice responses after the competition.

On the cards, I don't have a ton of training on design work, but I've done a bit for various projects and thought I'd stretch myself a bit on duplicating the styles for something fun, glad they've been well received :)

On Mei Feng, yeah, I'm exited to do a crazy base, as I think those have been some of my best work.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone!

On the little modifications, it started with Warmachine, where I often liked the details but hated the poses, and this is a bit of a continuation where I've wanted to fine-tune minis that just don't quite fit my vision of them. I also find I really enjoy the challenge of limiting myself to one mini line/faith to the original design (compared to GW where whacky design is half the fun, but also way less demanding).

Thanks, both of you! She really just started out as something giving a little context, but then that thing got out of control.

It was actually big enough that I originally magnetized her base so it would sit in a 50mm "cradle" of more of the same to work as her avatar, but my head just about exploded the second or third time I tried to pick her up and the magnets lost their grip (causing mei and her base to fall into a few different pieces each time), so now the scene is firmly glued...

Hehe, yeah, he's definitely my favorite, too. Wish Wyrd had given more character to its new Mindless Zombies, though I understand why they didn't.

Also, thanks on the proxy, I had a difficult time photographing her (the cape still has a lot of glare I couldn't kill), but she fits in with the rest of the line well enough, I think. (Also, she's one of the only cheap models I've worked with that's nice enough to practice smooth textures on.)