• Gremlin Taxidermist
    [6ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Slop Hauler
    [4ss]

how viable (I know Somer does it better but just for grins and giggles) do ya think this might be? I was thinking of dropping the Hauler but he can heal the Taxidermist or other grems if need be. The thinking is making a bacon bomb run at the crew when you get close enough but with good ranged (no Woops) as they other crew advances across the board. Obviously this may be good for defensive strategies.

I would definately drop the 2nd Hog Whisperer and replace him with the Pigapult. I might even consider dropping the other one also as he really only exists to give the crew access to Survival of the Fittest, the pigs flight (which the Stuffed Piglets essentially give themselves via Gassy) and maybe a reactivate (which could cause the Stuffed Piglet to Bacon Bomb within your own lines if it fails the Wp resist for It goes Pop! after recieving the damage from Stik'em in the Ass). I would replace him with more Bayou Gremlins as Ophelia has no way to replace losses and the Slop Hauler can only heal so many a turn.

The transition from the mini Death Star to the Bacon Bombing Assasination Run is a viable thought however you will face a few obstacles with consistancy.

First, the Taxidermist struggles to summon Stuffed Piglets in game (as almost all summoners do) turn after turn (needing the 6+:crows with no way to augment it hurts a lot). There will be games where you may be able to get out all 5 but there will also be many where you may only get out one or two. Keep in mind that it will also necesitate him doing virtually nothing else for at least 2 turns (and probably more) to really spam this ability. Killing Bayou gremlins to get more control cards into the hand via Survival of the Fittest in order to increase the potential of cheating in the required cards for Taxidermin' is sort of a mixed blessing outside of a Som'er crew as Ophelia has no way to replace losses of those Significant models.

Second, without access to Skeeters to precision position your Stuffed Piglets around the assasination target (needs to be within 1" to maximize the effectiveness) your are relying on them getting there on their own (the Hog Whisperer if you keep him doesn't have the mobility to really be able to assist with this). The pigapult could assist with this however you are often better served by just using the Stuffed Piglet as fuel for its shots as a failed Df flip on Launch'n nets you nothing (where as the enhanced damage pigapult shots can be cheated and repeated up to 3 times with a single Stuffed Piglet). Without the Skeeters casting Sooey the threat range of the Bacon Bombing Assasination Run is reduced to 15" (from 25" with the skeeters) and allows your opponent the option of barricading himself within your own gremlins (which can assist with Base blocking the Stuffed Piglets and incur an uneven exchange).

Hopefully this will assist in refining the strategy a bit (via list substitutions) and improve consistancy (by laying out the stumbling blocks early so they can be planned for).

So a list like this maybe...

I think this would be an interesting list esp if you can kill a bayou or two to get the stuffed pigs, I think the hog whisperer would help with the summoning engine with the cards (about a 25% chance of drawing a crow). I know that it would be a tough one to keep the summoning up every turn however if you can get it off twice that gives the pigapult damage for two turns. I know the list is done WAAAAYYYY better by So'mer was just thinking that the normal Ophelia crews seem to skew towards Ophelia some LaCroix and fill in with Bayous, (that is until Wong becomes an auto include vs Ressers) and sometimes I like to be abnormal. lol

Outcasts Crew - 35 - Scrap

Ophelia Lacroix
--
5 Pool

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Gremlin Taxidermist
    [6ss]

• Pigapult
    [4ss]

• Slop Hauler
    [4ss]

Edited by rgarbonzo

That is definately much closer to the Death Star that Ophelia usually runs very well. You should have plenty of time to build the Stuffed Piglets up. Surprised you aren't including 3 Young Lacroixs, they are a nice addition (trading a bit of range for access to Ophelia Spells).

I have gone back and forth on the Hog Whisperer in this list quite a bit. He definately assists with the Control Card Drawing (since he would be the only model in the crew with Survival of the Fittest) so is in line with what you'll be working toward. The Slop Hauler also provides a very nice benefit for the crew though his benefit is somewhat at odds with what you are working toward with a transition to the Bacon Bombing Assasination Run. You want to avoid "Menoth Syndrome" though so I wouldn't include both. I might run the list with one or the other for a few games and see which is providing the most benefit (I would start with the Hog Whisperer as I think he is most in line with what you are working toward).

This is the recommended list I would look at for this:

Deathstar to Bacon Bombing

Outcasts Crew - 35 - Scrap

Ophelia Lacroix
--
4 Pool

3 Young Lacroix [6ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Gremlin Taxidermist
    [6ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Pigapult
    [4ss]

Some pit falls with this list would be running thru all of your Bayou Gremlins (the main significant objective grabbers) for Stuffed Piglet and/or Control Card fuel, so be sure to protect as many of them as possible. Another would be launching your objective grabbers to late in the game to complete them (because you wont have access to the Pig ladders and "Truffle Shuffle" they will be a bit slower and less mobile unless you take the risk of Launch'n them via the Pigapult).

You can swap out the Young Lacroix's for Bayou Gremlin's if you find they are not pulling their weight or you are going thru Bayou Gremlins to quickly. If the Hog Whisperer isn't pulling his weight then swap him out for the Slop Hauler and another Soul Stone for the Cache and see if he provides more bang for the buck.

• 2 weeks later...