Colette Du Bois and the Showgirls

Meat Puppet

I'm a total newb to Malifaux. I've only played a handful of games. The first few were using borrowed Guild, but I've got my Arcanist minis to the point where I could play a game using them the other night.

Here's my first finished Arcanist, Colette Du Bois.

post-11254-1391192648991_thumb.jpg

As I finish more of my Showgirls and other Arcanists, I'll post more pics in this thread.

post-11254-13911926489746_thumb.jpg

Edited by Meat Puppet

Thanks for the kind words.

As soon as I saw the mini, I was thinking I didn't want to do the dark color scheme that you usually see. I especially wanted to do the top hat and boots white.

I want my whole crew to look like the saloon girls you see in the old westerns.

The bases are the new Crux Machina set from Dragon Forge Designs. I love the quality of his resin bases.

I didn't get a very good angle where you can see the top of the base though.

The next one to finish will be Cassandra.

The hair...

I mixed yellow and white together and started with a thin base coat of that. Then I did a wash of GW's Reikland Flesh Shade. Their new washes are sooo much better than their old set.

Anyways, after that dried, there was a thin glaze of...a rusty brown color on a few areas for slight shading. Then I went in with the yellow for some semi-drybrush highlighting, and then the white/yellow mix for a few really light highlights.

I hope that helps.

This is probably the best Collie I have ever seen. Such an awesome scheme and a well blend in the colors. To be honest I am glad it is not too pink either, which makes it even more awesome.

I do have to agree with Huang, though. Her hair could have used a darker color to offer a better contrast. Her hair works as a frame for her face. Would help bring more attention to her face had the hair been darker. (It is worth looking at the face in detail too. With all the makeup and detail you put into it.)

Fudging well done!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I played my second game with the Showgirls tonight, and got smeared, mainly because I had no idea what I was doing with them yet.

A few more games will iron out the kinks.

Hoping to participate in the Malifaux Cake Tournament at Adepticon this year.

If I can't win with tactics maybe I can win with cake! :)

Meanwhile, tomorrow I'll post a pic of the Executioner alternate model.