UK Malifaux Masters 2012/13 - 12th/13th January 2012

Neverata

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 1 more round, and Team Balderstone is against Craig!?

Ah, Hang on, I see what's going on here. This is so Jimmy can beat Craig (in slow motion), and then the final will be a Joel/Team Balderstone re-match of today (like in the films), where Jimmy has gone through the montage, and wins against the odds.

Very clever.

*GoTeamBalderstone*

Only 1 more round, and Team Balderstone is against Craig!?

Ah, Hang on, I see what's going on here. This is so Jimmy can beat Craig (in slow motion), and then the final will be a Joel/Team Balderstone re-match of today (like in the films), where Jimmy has gone through the montage, and wins against the odds.

Very clever.

*GoTeamBalderstone*

That would rely on me beating Luke....nowhere near a done deal...at all.

Round 5

Craig Johnson VS Jimmy Balderstone

Oliver Nicholls VS Martin Wodehouse (If Oli turns up....)

Joel Henry VS Luke Cocksedge

James Doxey VS Ant Hoult

Aidan Kirk VS David Brown

Paul Hansell VS Liam Toop

Robert Balmforth VS Dom Westerland

Tim Brown VS Dave Powell

SO! It's the final game and we've had a bit of a hiccup! Oli Nicholls hasn't turned up for his first game and we have no inclination as to where he is......Poor Martin!

So the other players have started their game (I'll allow Oli and Martin to play their game as long as he turns up in a reasonable amount of time). We have two exciting match ups at the top with Craig and Jimmy and Joel and Luke but who will come out victorious? Both Luke and Jimmy came out to the after party at Rock City last night, will that affect their performances or will that excess adrenaline of dancing the night away help keep them pumped for the game?

It's very close at the top is all I can reveal to you, but as soon as the Top 4 are decided, I will tweet it and post it right here. There is everything to play for this round. Good Luck!

Sorry about not turning up for today:( My friend who was supposed to give me q lift in (and be there just in case someone didn't turn up) Was to hungover to get up and so I fell asleep again w aiting for him:( And after I worked so hard last night to wake up without a hangover, to be able to know what I was doing today:(

Thanks Jo. Well organised and fun event as usual, and satisfied with my placing and especially the timing of your 'last turn' call as it saved me from defeat by Aidan!

The Masters' Mash Up (which was a 9 players with masters only!) was great fun, even if McCabe was first to die. maybe we see'll this form of lunacy again in the future!

The Welsh contingent made it home okay after a long but enjoyable weekend.

Thanks to all my opponents (alphabetically by first name: Ant Hoult, Craig Johnson, Dave Brown, James Doxey, Joel Henry and Paul Hansell) for some very tough games, all of which were pretty close.

Sadly, I didn't get to play Oli but maybe next time.

Special thanks also to Jo for the organising, Luke for driving us there and Dom and Dave P for the company. In addition, Rock City on Saturday night was a real blast, although my old man knees are really suffering now!

Martin

I have just released Jo, i am now very unhappy with your ruling for my first game, due to because of that, you broke my run of being undefeated with the Dreamer for 1012 in my first game with him in 2013:P I liked being undefeated with him, very sad now:'(

Also, will we get a posting of every everyone else came posted up here, or have i already missed it? :)

Jesus knows no guilt....

OK guys please see spreadsheet here, which shows the standings after 5 Rounds and BEFORE the Top 4 face off

It finished as follows:

Martin Wodehouse

Craig Johnson

Joel Henry

James Doxey

The remaining 12 kept their original standings as shown on the PDF

Winner of Round 1 Predicitions - Mike Marshall and David Bartley

Winner of Top 4 Predictions - David Bartley

Both went into a draw for a Free GT ticket - WINNER DAVID BARTLEY (Mike can't even win a game of chance)

Winner of Top 16 Predictions......David Bartley (are you kidding me?!) He can't have another Free ticket and no-one else got ANY right!!

Winner of Tweet your Soulstones - Alan Roderick

No one entered the quiz....so you all suck

That's two Free tickets for the UK GT - Just getting the Venue sorted but we are looking at September I think!

Thanks for this year guys, it was a blast as usual.

Edited by Neverata

All those years of playing fantasy Epic Armageddon finally some use!

And if you'd given me odds on Dave Brown finishing above Tim Brown I may have stood a chance in tweet your soul stones too ;)

Seriously Jo, thanks for all your effort to keep all us twitter/forum followers involved and entertained during the masters weekend.