Engaged without LoS

96p

Question

12 answers to this question

Well, I'll admit that I'm extrapolating a little. There isn't anything I can find that specifically says it but;

Under Declaring Targets (RM, pg 14) it says; to declare a target the first thing to check is LoS....(then goes on to talk about abilities that hinder or ignore LoS), if there is no LoS then there is no legal target.

You can't strike a model you can't target....a disengaging strike is still a strike, so if you can't make a strike or a disengaging strike how can you be engaged?

Someone will bring up that some models ignore disengaging strikes...blah, blah.....that is a special ability that ignores the strike, not being engaged.

If the people asking still don't accept this (unless someone can point you to something I couldn't find) I'm afraid you'll just have to insist that the people asking use a little common sense. No target, no engagement.

Mach_5 is right. Sometimes the wording makes no logical sense. This is where you'd want to make some house rules given the terrain features.

In the case of Lilith, with her ignore LoS and terrain, where she can actually attack through walls, you could allow her to do so, but at the same time, since she can see through walls and terrain, and is a living model, still make her suceptible to terryfying or other effects (like need to pass a WP greater duel to make her strike) which terrain could or would block on standard models as she can see through the terrain