some Hoffman lists

bashamer

Boy it'd be nice if I could edit the title; as only the alpha strike ended up run by Hoffman.

So I'm looking at Hoffman and Justice for starting to play guild next year.

List 1: Alpha strike + attrition

Guild Crew - 30 - Scrap

C. Hoffman
--
6 Pool

• Clockwork Trap
    [2ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Performer & Mannequin
    [8ss]

• Performer & Mannequin
    [8ss]

• Warden
    [5ss]

So active the hound w/ Hoffman linked and companion Hoffman move 18-21" and slingshot Hoffman and 2 mannequins (all linked to the hound) then either pulse 3 times, or some combination of pulsing and machine pupping himself. Companion the mannequin you made slow from Hoffman so she can wander over to the other mannequin and link& companion the other mannequin. then the last companion activates and walks of 8" dragging the other mannequin and Hoffman along.

The rest of the crew focuses on paralysis and poison 4; with the alpha strike I should have activation control starting round 3 (the companion chain round 2 probably will mean I'll be out activated).

The list also has a good spread among the suits.

Good scenarios; deliver the message; containing power, escape and survive, supply wagon, treasure hunt (Hoffman picks up for 2, transfers for 1, and the mannequin walks back home 8" dragging everything along), Neverborn; Reserectionists

Bad matchups: Guild, archaists; constructs and high wounds + ranged attacks.

List 2 attrition (wide attrition)

Guild Crew - 30 - Scrap

Lady Justice
--
7 Pool

+ Justice, Avatar of Balance
[2ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Peacekeeper
    [9ss]

loads and loads of attacks. decent range and decent threat ranges plus loads of wounds. on top of that there are loads of ranged attacks to help handle wider scenarios.

List 3 (capture the center scenarios)

Guild Crew - 30 - Scrap

Lady Justice
--
6 Pool

+ Justice, Avatar of Balance
[2ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Oiran
    [5ss]

• Oiran
    [5ss]

Its a variant on the wide list but more focused on drawing people out of cover or into melee range. making it better to sit in the center and wait / force people to come to you.

I'm not sold on the Oiran sculpt as it really doesn't match the rest of the models in style. but I do like the idea of lure in guild, and luring my own models seems worth it to transfer AP to lady justice. Plus it allows the threat range of the ball of doom to be 16" rather than 10". that means I can pretty much cover the entire table from the center.

2 might be excessive, but it is easier to test when people can't snipe the model you want to test.

My problem with the first list (which is actually very bad for treasure hunt I think) is that you are putting all you eggs in the Dog basket. If I can kill (or move) the dog on Turn 1 then you are in trouble. You have nothing that is very durable with Hoffman. I know you hope to kill most things with his pulse, but your opponent doesn't need to spread out that much to reduce its damage.

With your other lists I would be tempted to spread the model make up a little. Witchlings, Guards and Wastrals are all pretty good for 4. I know they won't get the death marshall bonus, but variety means you're more likelt to have the right tool for the job.

Slow is a rule on the mannequin; which is again ignoble.

you can ignore: Clumsy; Performers Clothes; Slow; which really changes the model;

you can copy: Link, Armor 3, beautiful clothes, Mirrors (I think it could affect the Hoff as it specifies "this model")

The 2 mannequins also can start repairing each other if need be; and fixing Hoffman in the process.

For treasure hunt;

1. dog runs, Hoffman makes 1 mannequin slow, picks up treasure; hands treasure to Mannequin 2; chain activates Mannequin 1. Mannequin 1 links to mannequin 2; mannequin 2 walks 4" back and hands the treasure to the warden; warden can walk into the deployment zone activation 2.

And yes, any alpha strike list is not necessarily a fun list to play against; especially if it has a slingshot. And this has one that might make the dreamer a little sad these days. Hoffman is not going to be easy to kill either

As for the dog; yes they are a weakpoint.

I also have 8 activation before I have to more the dog.

performers x2

warden

second dog

trap

-mannequin link

-mannequin link

-Hoffman link

--primary dog runs.

so 9 activations at 30 ss; at 35 you get a the trap setter in there for 12 activations. so not too bad when it comes to out activating people.

as for spreading out the modes;

I'll look into Wraslers. the stalkers I'm no fan of, and the guards seem to want more guards. But guards could be good vs archaists to shut down the movement based schemes.