aHoffman ?

bashamer

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?37290-Avatar-Hoffman-Delayed

Basically, he's not up to Wyrd's standards so he's not being released yet. I like the fact that they're prepared to weather the inevitable stream of complaints and questions about delays in order to get him to a standard they're happy with rather than just pushing something sub-par out the door.

Sucks for Hoff players of course, but would people rather have a good model, or a bad one?

Edited by Mako

Sucks for Hoff players of course

It really doesn't.

Yeah I'm looking forward to trying him out, a 2 AP master w/ an ALL action seems like it is a significant drawback so I wonder how well he stands up. I honestly don't see it yet, but we'll see.

A 2 AP master with a clumsily justified weak point.

Before you plunk down any cash on the Avatar of Amalgamation, I really recommend proxying him. Even if you hate proxies.

Edited by Jonas Albrecht

yeah I'm kinda interested in him because I expect Hoffman to end up in the middle of the enemy crew w/o support. So he might work under those conditions.

At the moment, I'd only really consider it as a last resort (i.e if my main constructs are dead) which is a risky prospect. It isn't necessarily a bad thing to have in your back pocket for that kind of situation, but there are some real out and out flaws with it that just seem to prevent it from really shining - Biggest ones being not having Instinctual, becoming much weaker to certain types of attack and his all action being really hard to use to best effect (Have to be at low wounds, but the only Amalgamated form worth using gives you Regen, thus making the number of wounds required even lower to avoid Regen taking you over the correct level...)

I see myself using it once I've got it, because it'll look cool and add a "Oh sh*t!!!!" button to my lists, but I see manifesting it as a "Once in blue moon" type of thing, and even then, towards the end of games where I'm losing...