Deliverance 3, 13th-14th April 2013

Dumb Luck

That's right! Wales' biggest (and only, but shhh) Malifaux tourney is back at Firestorm Games in Cardiff for a third year of Malifaux flavoured fun! The rulespack will be going up in a few weeks. Tickets are on the Firestorm Games website. The event will be running between 13rd and 14th of April 2013, avoiding both Bank Holidays and those pesky sports matches!

What I can confirm is that the event will have five, 35ss games, with gangs being picked from a single faction across the weekend.

The reason why I post with so little info now is to get some input from you guys. If you were interested in coming, how would you like the following things fitted into the event?

1 - Ranked?

2 - Painting requirement?

3 - Scenarios?

4 - Anything else?

I'm posting so early and with such little information to make this year the event that YOU guys want! Or as best as I can really ...

TICKETS: http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=14135

RULESPACK IS NOW UP! [ATTACH]11701[/ATTACH]

Players List

Adrian Mills

Will Hahn - Ressers

David Brown - Guild

Andrew Carr - Outcasts

Dan Hughes - Ressers

Keron Tucker - Ressers

Mark Leyfield - Guild

Mark Leyfield +1 - Outcasts

Mark Leyfield +1 - Ressers

Luke Cocksedge

Liam Coupland - Guild

Martin Wodehouse - Arcanists

Dai Garland

Richard Baker - Outcasts

Richard Turner - Neverborn

Mike Penberthy

Edited by Dumb Luck

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to say I'm so up for this.

Painting requirement = hmm, I think at 35ss it should be painted only. If it is the third tournament, I think there should be a basic "three colours + base" requirement.

Is there a chance for custom scenarios? I can't be the only one that's perhaps... tired... of the current strategies. Surely you Dom, in your infinite wisdom, could construct some special ones?

1 - Ranked? - Yes

2 - Painting requirement? - Yes

3 - Scenarios? - I'm happy with most things. What I would ask is if you're doing anything other than Shared Core (or their GT/GenCon versions) you let us know the details a minimum of six weeks in advance. The more unusual the more notice.

4 - Anything else? - Domination format (TP), not VPD. VPD is stupid.

5 - Comp? - At this stage I'd say no, we've been told the Hamelin errata's coming soon. Once that lands I don't see anything else as a big problem right now.

I cant really be sure I'll be able to make this until that weekend. Which is probably going to bugger up hotel/train prices. So the likelihood is I wont be able to go :-(

If I do go though I would prefer no comp.

I'm sure one of the Cardiff lot wouldn't mind putting you up for the weekend if that took the edge off things.

Naturally, if the changed shared core strats are used, then it'll be the Gencon versions.

Ahh Cardiff, it is indeed a trek. To reach this mythical land of hobbits you must strike south past the Steel City, past the nefarious den of thieves known only as the Eye of the Storm. Then avoid being turned to stone in Birmingham, the ugly city. Next the white bridge awaits, one must be careful to pay the trolls on the far banks to gain access to the fabled Land of Dragons, where men are drawn inexplicably into the the embrace of the vomiting maidens outside it's many taverns.

Ahh Cardiff, it is indeed a trek. To reach this mythical land of hobbits you must strike south past the Steel City, past the nefarious den of thieves known only as the Eye of the Storm. Then avoid being turned to stone in Birmingham, the ugly city. Next the white bridge awaits, one must be careful to pay the trolls on the far banks to gain access to the fabled Land of Dragons, where men are drawn inexplicably into the the embrace of the vomiting maidens outside it's many taverns.

Oh lordy, my sides!

Rulespack is now up!

Edited by Dumb Luck

• 2 weeks later...