Compilation Book?

SuperDudeMan64

I was talking with the manager at my LFGS and we got to thinking. What if there was a book that took all the stories and fluff from the all of the previous Malifaux books and put them together in one book.

It would be a useful resource to hand out to perspective players to get them interested in the game. For example, my girlfriend is interested in the world of Malifaux and wants to get a better grasp for who all these characters are and how they interact in this world, but she has zero interest in flipping through these five different books and their crunch.

So yeah, what do you guys think? Cool collectable that you would read, or lame idea?

I was talking with the manager at my LFGS and we got to thinking. What if there was a book that took all the stories and fluff from the all of the previous Malifaux books and put them together in one book.

It would be a useful resource to hand out to perspective players to get them interested in the game. For example, my girlfriend is interested in the world of Malifaux and wants to get a better grasp for who all these characters are and how they interact in this world, but she has zero interest in flipping through these five different books and their crunch.

So yeah, what do you guys think? Cool collectable that you would read, or lame idea?

I personally like the idea, but it'd be better to be used for implementing a reboot. I'd keep the book 1 similar (basic rules plus basic background storyline as the introductory book for new gamers), but divide the rerelease of the rest of the information between a big background book (depending on when released, could include most of the fluff from current books and a selection of info from the RPG) and a big book full of all the currently released models.

I think the RPG is going to be a great way to share all the fluff. I'm really excited about the adventure books that are being planned for release along with the core books.

I really like the idea of the big background book that contained all the fluff from the current books. It could add in some new stuff with more details on what the masters have been up to. Plus a nice detailed version of the map would be cool to squeeze in there.

Do you think Wyrd will do a reboot on the older masters? It kind of makes sense since they are committed to the new ABS plastics and they will have to do a reprint of them eventually.