A big fat Book 5 Speculation thread.

Jonas Albrecht

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it would also be cool to get some more Zombies. Not necessarily master specific ones either. The dead hookers are cool and all but lets get something else going too.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

And some spirits, Datsuo-ba has a husband that does some fairly gruesome stuff.

Eh, yeah. It might be tempting to make the "Asian = Ten Thunders" leap, but it's... well a bad idea. Mercifully, Wyrd seems to have caught onto this and not rushed headlong into giving Kirai a Ten Thunders connection.

So you've checked that the Crooked Men had all paid their Union Membership fees? ;-)

It's a bit abstract-y, but you could have her start play with a number of Tombs, and opening each one could have a random effect in addition to the summons. Like a buff or a windfall.

This also sounds like a lot of fun and something different......

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Something I do NOT want at all is vehcials or more mounted Masters I do not want this to turn into 40k or something I like my Masters also being characters in a story I don't want things like blimps and stuff running around

The mention of blimps reminds me of something someone brought up (last year's speculation I think) about some airborne-type drop troops. Models that deploy by a rappel drop or use steam-powered DaVinci wings.

Could be like a Guild rapid response team. Could start with some models in reserve that deploy somewhere on the table in a later turn.

Edit: The actual vehicle does not need to be involved to do this.

The mention of blimps reminds me of something someone brought up (last year's speculation I think) about some airborne-type drop troops. Models that deploy by a rappel drop or use steam-powered DaVinci wings.

Could be like a Guild rapid response team. Could start with some models in reserve that deploy somewhere on the table in a later turn.

I'd quite like to see a Guild model that can "summon" Guild Guard into play on any board edge - as a I kind of "Calling for backup" type ability...

Sounds like a legit idea

Something I do NOT want at all is vehcials or more mounted Masters I do not want this to turn into 40k or something I like my Masters also being characters in a story I don't want things like blimps and stuff running around

I agree! I do not want tons of mounted models or airborne crap flying all over the place.

I've been thinking about Book 5. If they wanted the Factions to balance, they'd need to introduce:

One new Outcast Master.

Four Henchmen (and new Special Forces): Guild, Resurrectionist, Arcanist, and Neverborn. Two of those would also be Dual Faction Ten Thunders.

At that point, each faction would have five masters, and two henchmen (with two special forces.)

This seems pleasingly balanced to me, though I don't pretend that's a major concern for anyone but me.