does anyone know of alternative to future floor wax in uk?

strigoi

I have a mix I use as a paint additive that is similar to what Future Floor Wax does (though I much prefer a satin finsih to gloss with my paints) and as a benefit it should be considerably more accessible around the world (these are available in most art/craft stores).

1 Part Liquitex Matte Medium

1 Part Liquitex Gloss Medium

3 Parts Liquitex Flow Improver (you can go up to 5 parts if you want it really thin)

*Optional 1 Part "Distilled" Water.

I use this mix mainly to thin my paints (and can go to virtual translucentcy) without affecting the adhesion or stability of the paint. You can however also use it as a varnish to seal your mini's (again though the above mix will have more of a satin/ egg shell finish than a gloss).

There is something in the UK that is very similar from what I remember, I'll check with my painting buddies back home as I can't remember what it's called now. It was called Klear for a while I think, but I'll check it.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Update: One of my painting gurus back home in Blighty says Future floor polish is what they get in the UK (Wilkinsons stock it I believe), but the recipe changed a few years back so it might not be the best any more. Still chasing more details. Klear is the american version.

Saw mention on another site that it was re-branded as Pledge Premium Finish with Future Shine (also that it is Klear in the UK).

Also picked up a recommended alternative to it from some really amazing mini painters (read as people that will make you want to completely quit painting mini's).

Anne Foerster's Recipe

•80% Folk Art Extender

•10% Winsor and Newton Flow Improver

•10% water

Jen Haley's Recipe

•25% Liquitex Slow-Dri

•25% Winsor and Newton Flow Improver

•50% water

I recall linking to an article a while ago that addressed this exact same question however I have a lot of posts to wade through...

Edited by Omenbringer

Well, I personally use W+N flow improver, drying retarder, and matte medium in varying ratios depending on what I want the paint to do. But as a hard shell gloss, especially for putting weathering and decals over (I'm told, but the people doing the telling have a fairly large pile of golden demon trophies) the floor polish is the best stuff.

Unless the new recipe has a yellowy tint to it, in which case the alternative will hopefully appear in my inbox relatively soon.