Getting places with Malifaux - Opa McMourning style!

Mergoth

A brief anecdote regarding this crew. So this academic year I've been in first year of college, learning the trade of a jeweller. However, as a mature (rofl) student I had to pass an interview to get a place in one of the last two places on the course (I left it a tad late). Now, I was supposed to show my "portfolio" to two professors, showcasing my previous jewellery making experience, of which I had zero. So I decided to improvise. When asked "so show us your previous experience" I pulled a little blue case out of my bag and presented the following;

post-5568-13911925856057_thumb.jpg

Custom Flesh Construct. I name him Bottom.

post-5568-1391192585664_thumb.jpg

Harley Quinn Taylor.

post-5568-13911925858691_thumb.jpg

Solomon Grundy.

post-5568-1391192585725_thumb.jpg

McJoker. It's been done before whatever!

post-5568-13911925857699_thumb.jpg

Nurse from Smylex advert.

post-5568-1391192585813_thumb.jpg

Scarecrow Hanged.

...and was offered a place over the 20 odd other applicants of the day. True story. The moral of course being, never let anyone tell you you're wasting your time with those little metal and plastic men!

I'd love to see Taelor's hammer modeled into Harley's comically oversized Mallet.

Her mallet has been replaced with a much larger one! It's a dwarf's hammer head. Taylor's regular one is fairly sensible.

Nice minis! And what a fantastic story. You're very lucky to have had such open minded interviewers who could recognised talent outside of their specific area of expertise. I hope you're enjoying the course!

Yes! The course is great thanks, full on (as in 9-5) but very enjoyable. One of the interviewers who's also the course head played Tunnels and Trolls (before D&D was even a twinkle) and collected the first GW minis. Which may have helped.

Very well. Here's one project I happen to have a picture of. More the "art metalwork" side of the course!

Letter opener, based on a Khorne Bloodletter's Hellblade.

post-5568-13911925883696_thumb.jpg

I also have a ring with the Hordes Skorne symbol. I'm waiting for the right brief to work the Resurrectionist Crows symbol into a piece... :)

• 1 month later...
Thank's for the comments lads!

Once I get that "OK" look forward to the whole line of Wyrd jewellery! :P

Actually, faction badges to put on our bags isn't a bad idea...

I would love some stuff like that I have 2 Battle Foam bags that need some dressing up!

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Thank's for the comments lads!

Once I get that "OK" look forward to the whole line of Wyrd jewellery! :P

Actually, faction badges to put on our bags isn't a bad idea...

I would love some stuff like that I have 2 Battle Foam bags that need some dressing up!

What Batman villains crew would be complete without Victor Zsasz?

post-5568-13911926422952_thumb.jpg

post-5568-1391192642358_thumb.jpg

Simulacrum 29/Bane is in the works, as are two hyena Canine Remains, a Rogue Necromancy with two hyena heads and I'm still scratching my head over how to pull off a Shikome Manbat... Oh yeah, Madame Sybelle will be Catwoman and Poison Ivy will be a Rotten Belle. Might even get some of this done over Xmas!

Edited by Mergoth

• 2 weeks later...
I love the idea for the gunslinger to be Harvey. I think that's a perfect model.

It'd be cooler and more thematic if I could somehow convert a Lawyer. ;) Maybe with a CG and LOTS of dissecting!

I'm a bit maxed out on mercs though what with Taylor Harley and Lazarus Mr. Freeze (he's already on display in the LGS with the rest of this crew so I'll try get a pic soon), so maybe he'd be better used as an Autopsy?

Edited by Mergoth