underdogs journey of the brush

underdog6750

Cheers ill try get some more darker tone in, i might try the bareist amount of white on the steel, the brass has only a midtone and wash, still have to highlight and shade that.

im just not liking how the model is turning out? maybe it will all come together at the end (like so many of my models do) or maybe its because ive been staring at 15mm too long haha.

think ill finish it, if i dont like it ill just throw it against the wall when im done in a fit of rage ;)

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

@ final cruicble, which terrain are you on about?

Cheers ttsgosadow, ive put about 4 hours work into this model, ive only been getting to put in an hour here and there so its probably the lack of conitinuity that is throwing me off most.

With NMM start of on a pistol or something small first. Its a bit more forgiving and alot less time consuming. You will be suprised at how well your first atempt goes (well i was at least)

So got another hour and a half in since my last painting session. Try to paint while keepin an eye on a very active 18 month old isnt that easy lol. Im pretty pleased with the brass.

Any suggestions on where to go next? Ive never taken on a nmm project like this before. Do people think i should bring the brass highlights upto pure white?

post-11154-13911929392733_thumb.jpg

post-11154-13911929393912_thumb.jpg

Im also thinking about using some pigments for rust and grime coming from the rivets etc. But not too sure if ill f**k it up lol.

Anyways comments and critisisms welcome as always :)

Underdog

• 1 year later...

So after a very long tine away from malifaux, I am slowly creeping my way back in, having attend 2 tournies this year (Vappa and the GB Team GT) I have to admit i missed the familiar crews (players) from tournies, and the game itself. The more i play it the more i seem to enjoy it again.

Ive had a rollar coaster of a time away, being medically discharged from the army and starting a new job as well as the other obstacles life throughs in your way. How ever it has been a great time with all the goods outwaying the bads :)

Enough of me rambling sh**e, (this is whats happens when im on the internet with a drink) here are a few pictures of recent paintings of mine. I have a few other works in progress for the comming summer.

Hope you all enjoy them :) As always i am looking for comments and critisisms to help improve my painting!

Oh and some photography tips would be nice as well lol

One photo tip... You can never go wrong with more light. Your camera can compensate for more light MUCH easier than compensating for too little light. Multiple light sources, though try to use all the same temperature of light, i.e., all fluorescent light or all incandescent light, etc.

The painting looks GREAT!!

Yea i need 2 new bulbs in the kitchen (where i do my photography) although i don't shine light directly on the model just around it. I find direct light causes too much glare? Is there a way to compensate this without the use of a light box or filters on the bulbs?

Thanks though. I was fairly pleased to say i painted 5 models in 6 hours :)

A filter for a bulb could be anything from a professional filter screen to a simple paper towel or cheesecloth. Just anything that lets light through, only not so harshly. A facial tissue works well, too. Just remember... the closer the camera is to the model, the more light you need.