WIP Halloween 2012 fan made scenario

HighTreazon

Having not seen a 2012 Halloween scenario come up, I figured I would have a stab at writing something.

Attached is for your viewing pleasure. Halloween2012 is my own creation, recently discussed on the Malifools podcast episode 17.

For those who would prefer a tried and true scenario, I have "borrowed" the Christmas story encounter from the downloads page on the Malifaux website and converted into halloween goodness!

[ATTACH]8674[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8675[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

HighTreazon

Halloween2012UPDATE.doc

Story Encounter 1.doc

Edited by HighTreazon
Updates

Looks good, plus it could provide an opportunity to have the scenarios linked. (You plant the seeds, and then depending on how many seeds you have sown, you have that many pumpkins in Scenario 2.)

The only thing i'm sort of scratching my head over is the first scenario; the idea of killing a model to get a seed. Some crews can simply kill off their own models and bring them back to life and generate pumpkin seeds without a loss. Perhaps if they were scattered (like shared destroyed evidence or shared line in the sand).

Plus you could also have the crop fields in the table half, as opposed to deployment zones. It give slower crews a chance and can provide some cut throat moments of stealing each other's seeds.

Or (since the last scenario only has one field) you can have one crew being the harvesters/defenders and the other crew being attackers/hungry hill billies.

Apart from that, seems pretty solid. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Balancing is the issue here, I did not want to have the numbers carry over as this is a friendly themed scenario and if someone goes against a beginner player in the first round they may have a huge advantage in the second.

With regards to the seed gathering, I thought I put in that you can only pick them up off enemy models to prevent exactly the scenario you described.

Having seed sacks scattered may be a better idea though, and you are right, table halves/quarters would likely be better than deployment zones.

I kept both sides having fields in the first two so that people had a decision to make on how they split attackers and defenders, but open to suggestions on making it a single field in each, or changing it totally!

Just love to play these kind of things and figured I would see if others still show interest!

Attached is an update with the suggestions regarding field placement.

Cheers,

HighTreazon.

Halloween2012.doc

Edited by HighTreazon

• 4 weeks later...