Malifools Midsummer Malifaux Madness 2013

OldManMyke

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking stuff Clousseau and it leads nicely into how the painting will work at the event.

There will be a standard players vote type thing, though we will be having 1,2 and 3 but there will also be a Judges Vote. This won't necessarily be for the best painted crew(s) but will be for the player whose miniatures in the judges opinion best represent the whole Malifaux Hobby :) Hopefully thats suitably nebulous

Nice looking stuff Clousseau and it leads nicely into how the painting will work at the event.

There will be a standard players vote type thing, though we will be having 1,2 and 3 but there will also be a Judges Vote. This won't necessarily be for the best painted crew(s) but will be for the player whose miniatures in the judges opinion best represent the whole Malifaux Hobby :) Hopefully thats suitably nebulous

Are you going to use all crews or specific models?

Thats really why we decided to do that, not everyone can have the skills of Bruno or Ben but everyone can make the effort

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Players will put out the models that they want to put out, no limits or restrictions

Thats really why we decided to do that, not everyone can have the skills of Bruno or Ben but everyone can make the effort

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Players will put out the models that they want to put out, no limits or restrictions

Good to hear I really think it is a good idea to abstract a bit from the paint only side.

So this time next week it will all be over. Things to think about in the run up

How much beer should I bring? No bar in the venue but we can quite happily drink our own stuff. There will be tea and coffee provided

Its going to be hot next weekend so bring deodorant. Anyone who has listened to the show knows my stance on stinky gamers :)

Don't stress about having to field unpainted figures, I will still love you all.

We have the hall from 4pm on Friday and we'll be setting up from then, if you fancy coming down and getting a game in of something then please do.

If you want my mobile or land line number then PM me and I'll let you have it

its about 3 miles away, I can take folks on a beer run on Friday evening if required

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

I hadn't thought of a rota cause I'm not actually sure how many folks are camping vs. being in B&Bs but its probably a good idea. Should have 2 showers that folks can use, one significantly better than the other

Bit confused with Outcast General achievement 3:

Use the Hodgepodge effigy to use the red joker twice in a turn without shuffling your deck

But the joker has to get shuffled back into the deck to use it twice. Do you mean without exhausting your deck and it coming up a second time as it could with anyone?

Do you mean without exhausting your deck and it coming up a second time as it could with anyone? <-- This

Apologies for the confusion regarding this.

Likewise if there are any other achievements that are confusing people on the day then please come and find Mike or myself and we will gladly clarify for you what we had intended.

Edited by scuttlebut

Hey Guys,

I was hoping end of June/beginning of July would be quiet and I would be able to paint up my Molly crew for 4M. Unfortunately both home and work have been crazy and my poor minis keep getting pushed back to the end of a seemingly never-ending to-do list. if I'm honest I'm not the most prolific painter (just ask Conrad or Dave (Mephiston)) but I am really disappointed with not even starting!

Anyway I was wondering if anybody would could lend me the following painted models for the event. I'd prefer to borrow them off just one person as that means only one person to avoid if the worst should happen! :shock: In all seriousness I'd look after them and be very, very grateful! (I have the minis but I don't think I can face bringing them out in all their silver shame when surrounded by all those painted ones!) The models are:

Molly Squidpidge

Necrotic Machine

2 Crooligans

Rogue Necromancy

Sybelle

1 Belle

1 Dead Doxy

Please let me know if you can help out.

Cheers,

Nig :)

Edited by NigglePiggle