Obscuring

Cretin555

Question

Here's a question about obscuring as it relates to Kaeris. When she cast Flame Wall can opponent see through it to cast spell or shoot? The rules state that you cannot see completely through a base. Is the Flame Wall marker a base? Is there no hindrance other than Neg. flip for shooting (or spell with a gun), Or can you see only 3 inches (FW is 50mm or approx. 2 in) from start of Flame wall (except special characters)?

14 answers to this question

The flame wall will block LoS from one side to another.

Yep, just checked Rules Manual p. 15 -- "Models can draw LoS up to 3" across an intervening base with the obscuring trait, but not entirely through the base". Wish I'd known that yesterday, it probably would have meant four points instead of zero in my game against Leveticus.

Hmmmm...good question. I suppose that would also stop models with the HUNTER ability that allows them to shoot 5 inches through obscuring...as they STILL can't shoot entirely through the base.

Same deal...last night I think my Female Gunsmith wouldn't have copped two massive shots from Rami. Mind you he suffered Dumb luck trigger twice and killed himself...gunsmith survived thanks to Hard to Kill...LOL

So the way cover with forest works just to make sure i'm getting it correct. If your in the forest and getting shot from the outside you get cover. If your inside of the forest shooting outside of the forest your target doesn't get cover. If your both inside of the forest shooting each other do you both get cover or do neither of you get cover?