Pandora vs. Colette

Keltorian

I was playing Malifaux for the first time this week, using the Pandora starter. I was able to come up with a viable strategy to take down Perdita, Lilith, and Collodi, but when fighting Colette everything I tried failed miserably. I found Colettes ability to bury Candy and then kill her and turn her into a Mannequin with extremely high armor and Wp almost impossible to come back from (happened turn 2). When I tried to kill Colette she just teleported away (even though I had managed to position her up against a wall and get her completely surrounded). Is there a certain model in her army I should try to take out first? Is there a way to avoid having my models turned into Mannequins? I just need some pointers on this match up so maybe I feel like I have a chance next time.

Project Emotions - Pity, will be a great help for you here. Giving a negative twist to the Mannequins' wp duels will give you a fighting chance at killing them. Likewise, if you cast it on Colette, she should have a harder time getting around Candy's Harmless ability. Make sure to keep Candy Harmless by casting Charm before ending her activation after she loses Harmless. Also, Run Away Home, can help keep Candy away from Colette.

öhm... my Opponent (also Colette) never got that Mannequinthingie off on my Crew... as it is actually quite hard to get iirc... 3 tomes i think...

so best is Project emotions with pity, and most useful on aall these constructs: mental anguish... *g* even robots run away from that one...

what did your Opponent bring to the table?

usually i don't even botther with trrying to kill collette... i run down a priority list of "to kills": Coriphees / Duet, Cassandra, Angelica... and from there on kill at will ^^ Colette is usually the last one alive by turn 5 or 6 and can then be killed much easier than with all these Showgirls around...

Target the squishy stuff first. If you can cause Colette to run low on soulstones she is much easier to handle. Yes she makes more, and yes she can generate them like there's no tomorrow, but they are not unlimited by any means. I'd say try to take out Cassy first, but really it will depend on what your opponent leaves open. Pretty much any target they don't want to lose is a good choice. Whittle them down one model at a time in true Pandora fashion as she and her crew are very good at focusing on single models to bring down.

I think the biggest part will just be learning the way your crew synchronizes and how to make them a greater sum than their individual pieces. If you expand beyond the starter box I would recommend some stiched together. They expand on the Willpower aspect of Pandora and also provide excellent cover as direct the flow of battle to where YOU want the enemy to be.

Edited by Malersatz

No attack you have should be hitting colette on her df. Unless for some reason your trying to poke her with scissors. Or baby kade. But sorrows doldrums is amazing. Pacify things to make them go last or inciting things you want to mess up colettes movement. (colette is all about planning your moves and what to activate when)

if it is just the box (no doves?) then go kill Cassy (blasts und Melee Damagedealer) if youre done with that (not that hard) switch on hunting down the performers one by one... the Mannequin are not that harrd to kill but since they are a bit slow and clumsy usually aren't a issue... and evven if they only get 1 wound at a time... well more WP tests shouldn't be an issue...