Advice on running a Tournament.

Mr.Soulstone

Hi guys

I have been interested in running a tournament for a while at our local gaming club, it wouldn't be for a wee while yet as we are still establishing ourselves!

I have yet to attend any Malifaux tournaments yet however but I have attended a few Warhammer ones. I am interested to know what the standard tournament layout is like.

Things like....

- Limits on any factions?

- Number of rounds and variations?

- How ties are usually settled etc.

All the information anyone can give me would be awesome, i'd like to give it a trial and then perhaps open it up to the wider community as an event!

All advice would be fantastic!

Mr. Soulstone

Hello,

First off go to Malifaux.com and download Gaining Grounds. That is the official tournament rules and will answer your questions about number of rounds and ties.

As for limits on faction, I would not do any.

Other advice I can give you. Be fair, stick to rules in your rules pack and relax. Try to have fun :)

Hello,

First off go to Malifaux.com and download Gaining Grounds. That is the official tournament rules and will answer your questions about number of rounds and ties.

As for limits on faction, I would not do any.

Other advice I can give you. Be fair, stick to rules in your rules pack and relax. Try to have fun :)

Also welders goggles are a must

Ah ok cheers I shall have a gander over that!

And generally how successful are smaller tournaments? I mean ones set up by just players as apposed to any serious GT's? I would like to after a trial open it up to the forum as an actual event with prizes and other malarky, most of the people down are end think it would work.

thanks again

Mr. Soulstone