Ht3 in the Sewers

daemonkin

If it dont fit, you must aquit!

Or be able to break terrain easily like Simulacrum. Although this is fun it slows down the game considerably in terms of getting your Strategy/Schemes done in time.

Be sure you agree with your opponent beforehand on the terrain to avoid all possible butthurtz

Either you agree for the walls to be very high (some of Malifaux sewers seem to be very cavernous, if I remember the fluff correctly) and treat it as open terrain encounter with no significant ceiling... or you probably should play it as Interior Encounter.

The walls are higher in Interior Encounters, IIRC, and there is still no penalty for Ht, but it does affect some game mechanics (flight for example).

Since a 30mm model can't fit through the 25mm "regular" doorways, we came up with a series of compromises for larger models and various sized doorways.

Ofc, I'd love an official set of answers for tournament play.

I believe the rule prohibiting models to cross spaces, doors and paths which are more narrow than their base is gone from the Rules Manual. Nowadays any model can cross any doors, as long as there is enough space for their base at the end of their movement - this seems to be the only time the model actually has to fit in.

The other problem i have with the sewers and height 3 models is that there's pretty much nowhere to hide them. Most height three models have low defense and get annihilated by ranged with nowhere to hide. I really don't enjoy playing on the sewers, also likely because I'm sick of sonnia bouncing her blasts over the paper thin walls at me :)

Is this changed in the 1.5 book or something? When last I'd looked at this, interior walls were defined as ht 4, but cannot be crossed over by models with flight or float.

That still leaves them too high to put a blast over, but for whatever reason it might let chompy reach "over" them if he's on a table or something, since I don't believe ceilings are actually defined anywhere.

Infinite height would be really nice though.

Edited by Clement
clarifying blasts

In "indoor" locations (which include sewers), all walls are considered to be infinite Ht.

Sonnia can't shoot over the walls.

How does that work with elevations though? We've been playing it that all the walls of the sewers are just height two so anyone standing on the second level can pretty much see everything. Facing Nino on elevated terrain is yet another reason why I rage quit terraclips haha