questions about Snowstorm

Hardlec

It seems that Snowstorm is great to add mobility to Rasputina, and maybe durability to Marcus.

Who or what is the small humanoid figure who stands in front of the horned bear?

The spell "ice pillars" seems to be modified. Only one set of pillars per crew? So even with Rasputina, a totem and a Snowstorm, only one per crew per turn.

It seems that Snowstorm is great to add mobility to Rasputina, and maybe durability to Marcus.

Who or what is the small humanoid figure who stands in front of the horned bear?

The spell "ice pillars" seems to be modified. Only one set of pillars per crew? So even with Rasputina, a totem and a Snowstorm, only one per crew per turn.

That is correct. Ice Pillars creates terrain that, while breakable, can have a big effect on your opponents movement. Being able to do more than one set in a turn would be a bit over the top :D Having a totem or Snowstorm throw them down leaves Raspy with another action to use on December's Curse though, which is a big bonus :D

Which is good in that I only need to make six ice pillar models.

That depends on how many times you plan on casting the spell in any given game. The pillars don't go away at the end of the turn so if you use them a lot, you'll need more. I currently have eight pillars made and I have used all of them in a game, though it's rare.

Regarding the use of a Snow Storm, it is deffinately at its optimum performance with Rasputina adding some extra movement to her ridiculously slow crew, having fought against it several times it certainly adds an element of fear in me, especially now this crew with tonnes of magical fire power is now "that much closer" can make life very uncomfortable.

You just can't make the mistake though of thinking it is indestructible like I have seen many players do.

Personally as a Marcus player I think the Snow Storm is wasted, he has plenty more beasts to pick from that will perform more effectively.

Mr. Soulstone

+1 to the comment by Mr.Soulstone. Snow storm is awesome with a Raspy crew (well a 30-35ss+ Raspy crew anyways) and an 8 wound spirit with soft cover is quite durable (which is what a Raspy crew needs), although FAR from indestructible. I also think that Marcus has many better choices. Snow storm loses a lot of effectiveness when he cannot drag more than one model around.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally when it comes down to snow storm for me (and I use a fully frozen heart themed force) his ability to cast ice pillars is very handy BUT only when raspy or wendigo fail, its not often because its a low ca spell respectively but reason in saying is that anything within 6" with frozen heart of raspy can be cast through and a silent one has perfect mirror reducing the ca negative to just -1 instead of -3 so you can place it anywhere within 18" not 12" as is snow storms case, this is my tactic and works effectively and as much as the pillars are breakable the model trying to destroy them MUST be able to deal 4wd in one dam flip to destroy itso if they deal less it doesnt accumulateuntil 3 is reached... Snows real synergy comes with his foul weather ability.. you know when you have an annoying model using cover to its advantage popping in and out to shoot you while still retaining its distcance from base contact with the terrain feature??? well use foul weather to move it into base contact and freeze over with raspy (be careful with decembers acolytes, they dont have frozen heart and anything without frozen heart within the feature at the CURRENT time of its casting is affected), I did this to Baby Kade and held him up for 3 turns so he couldnt waltz up and lure onmy right flank and cast decembers curse and killed 2 woes candy and a stitched together (although technically it doesnt die it can only be sacrificed) although my final casting I couldnt reach them so instead because it doesnt require a hit flip i bounced it off a pillar, yes it destroyed it but killed in turn 2 vital models candy and stitched.. I hope this helps you

Edited by KamikaZ