35ss Lilith List for a Newb.

Falhurk

Can a mature Neph pick up and fly a teddy, or is he too big for that?

It makes me sad to learn this isn't possible. Demon carrying a giant grinning teddy-bear of destruction is something I'd want my opponents to be worried about.

What about having Baby kade in there for the "where's my teddy" thing?

I guess maybe I'm just trying to mash two relatively incompatible teams together :(

Going from memory (ie I think this is right, but don't have stats in front of me)

You can fly or Transpoosition Kade forward and then whers my teddy to bring the fluffy bear to the front, but Teddy can actualy move at a good pace when he flys himself.

You can certainly play a list with the two heavy hitters, and they can be fairly mobile as well as survivable.

There can even be some synergy with Smell fear and tear in half.

I would only combine for a few scenarios, rather than have it as a main list, its probably got a good chance in Slaughter and escape and survive, but weak at line in the sand and plant evidence for example.

That is definitely one of the things I keep forgetting. You choose your strategies and schemes before your list. Although I hear there are ways to "cheat" in schemes and strategies.

When starting out, what kind of list do you figure is going to be versatile enough to take care of most strategies/schemes?

Generally you are going to want a balanced list. A few models that are quick and a heavy hitter. For starting out I would probably NOT take the twins as they are quite expensive and really you can get more for your investment from other models in smaller games. I also kinda think they are a crutch to new players in that while they are really good at what they do it is easy to become dependent on them and focus too much on killing models instead of actually achieving your VP. Learn the box set and decide what you are missing (more movement, killy-ness, board control) and ask as to what best to fill that gap with.

It will really depend on your play style for ultimately deciding what you are "missing" and one of the greatest things about Malifaux in that you have to try pretty hard to build a "bad" list, so try out lots of things and pick what works best for you.

I've been thinking about picking up the LCB/Dreamer boxed set to give me coppelius along with the sitched together (I'm afraid of learning LCB for now) and trying to run around with zoraida, collodi, and stitched for mass doll destructo fun.

Either this weekend or next I should be able to get some games in with people in the community. By that time I want to make sure my models are painted so I'm trying to figure out where my time's best spent as far as painting is concerned.

Thanks Malersatz,

You're probably right. I just have severe model ADD where I have a crew that I feel will be easier to learn (lilith) versus the models I desperately want to use (Baby Kade/Teddy, Coppelius, Stitched).

More of a "ZOMG I WANTS ALL TO PLAY NAO!?!" kind of thing.