Getting others interested

Yew Arcane

So I will be going into job corps (jobcorps.gov can answer questions about what it is better than I can), and I want to be able to play while I am there. Access to an flgs will be limited at best. I don't know whether anyone will even know a thing like tabletop gaming even exists, so I need to figure out a way to get people interested so that not only can I play, I can also spread the awesome that is malifaux to the unsuspecting public.

O a side note, if this is in the wrong place, go ahead amd move it.

War games tend to sell themselves if you've got painted models to play with and you're not afraid to offer folks the opportunity to try it out. Once you've got two painted crews, I suggest finding out if there's a public rec area you can use and get permission to set your stuff up a couple times a week. Invite folks to come play and see what happens.

Ok, I do have the kaeris and raspy box sets painted, I light to get to quirk on the viks. (i was surprised to see that I own three of the masters on the good for beginners list). Any tips on running demo games, amd would I get some resources to assist me if I were to become a henchman?

The best tip I can think of is (if possible) speak to the person you're demoing for beforehand. You can then taylor what crews you use in the demo to what you think they'll enjoy the most. I'd also recommend just giving it a try, you'll learn a lot by just doing it. Post any questions on here and there are plenty of people willing to help out. It's also worth seeing if there's a henchman locally that can help you through your first demo.

So, I won't be taking much of my Malifaux minis, though I may take the viks to paint, as well as a few others that need painting (and possibly gen-con releases if they make it before I go), and will try to get others interested, see who is already a player, and the space that I will have to work with.