Warlords of Walsall 1 Day Malifaux Tournament /18th August

Undisclosed

The Warlords of Walsall would like to invite anybody interested in playing in a 1 day friendly Malifaux event to join us on the 18th of August in the Hatherton United Reformed Church in Walsall.

It'll only cost £5 which is to be paid on the day. There is parking available in a nearby multi-story carpark on Freer Street, and the Church is only 5 minutes walk away from Walsall Train Station. The day itself will be from 9am to 6pm, and will contain other members of the club playing various other game systems, it won't be exclusively a Malifaux tournament.

The brief rulespack can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/acz1vm97dsw9avn/Malifaux_Warlords_TournamentPack_v1.1.pdf

If you are interested or have any questions then let me know.

Round 1 Draw *Applause*

MrChom (Arcanists) vs Richard Godfrey (Guild)

Keith Watson (Outcasts/Neverborn) vs Clousseau (Guild)

Oshova (Ressurrectionists probably) vs Graham Keen (Outcasts)

Nicholas Martin (Outcasts) vs NinjaHamster (Arcanist)

Jez Allum (Guild) vs Jacob Graham (Neverborn)

And there we go. I'm provisionally in there playing at the moment, if someone else turns up they can take my place.

I'll see you all on Saturday!

Edited by Undisclosed

Hi. I've added you to the UK events calendar (see my sig) and should be able to make it, possibly withat least 1 other player (Oshova).

If you need any assistance/advice with the event just let me know.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Rules pack looks good, though the random first scheme idea could be a little harsh on some crews (but I'd like to see how it goes). My only comment would be that I wouldn't choose shared Line in the Sand as it is biased to whoever flips Attacker - personally I'd choose one of the more common Strategies for the first game.

You could also count the games towards Dead Heat (avoiding the CP3 sectors) - I can help you with that if you like.

Anyway, see you in August.

@Leggo I'll keep it in mind next time :P

@Clousseau It'll be good to see you there, i look forward to it.

The idea for the schemes was to give people schemes that they would ordinarily not choose and just to break away from the usual lot which crop up every game. If it causes games to be ruined because of it, and enjoyment spoiled then it won't be used again.

I share your reservations about Line in the Sand, i'll have a think about alternate strategies and consider swapping it out. If i do i'll re-release the pack as a v2 to be clear.

Also, submitting the results for the Dead Heat campaign would be great, might as well tie it into the wider hobby, i'd definitely be up for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated with the newest pack. This is the final change to the pack, and it won't be different on the day.

If anyone else is interested then let me know, or just turn up on the day. It's only £5, so it's worth a shot.

Also, to anyone wanting some games, but not necessarily Malifaux, there will be lots of other games going on at the same time and if you join our Facebook page you might be able to get games of Warhammer, 40k, Infinity, Warmachine and many more. Again, only £5 all day.

Tempted by this as it's 10 minutes from home but might end up with some odd crews as I only have the Raspy and Kaeris boxes....also expect people to face palm at me due to having only played five games, just one with schemes....

Also just one day before I run a Warmachine tournament in Leicester......hmmmm....considerations....

Tempted by this as it's 10 minutes from home but might end up with some odd crews as I only have the Raspy and Kaeris boxes....also expect people to face palm at me due to having only played five games, just one with schemes....

Also just one day before I run a Warmachine tournament in Leicester......hmmmm....considerations....

Come on down, you know you want to :D

It's deliberately a tournament for anyone, because a lot of the people at the Warlords club are fairly new to Malifaux, so longer game times and the 55ss pool is just to stop those of use who have a bucket full of models having an advantage over those with fewer models. And having a day of Malifaux and then a day of Warmachine sounds like a fun weekend to me ;)

More than happy to lend you models for the 55SS pool, but I've not much that goes with Raspy or Kaeris. PM me if you want help.

Couple of quick questions?

Is there a painting requirment - i cannot see this in the rule pack?

What night does the club normally play on? I often work in walsall and stay overnight id love to be able play a game as opposed to hanging out on my own in my hotel room!

Hi, sorry i haven't got back sooner.

There isn't a painting requirement for this tournament, i know a few people in my club that have semi-painted crews and i jsut wanted to encourage as many as possible to come down.

Usual club nights are Fridays 6-10. We have a Facebook group to organise some games, but there will always be people with some Malifaux down there looking for a game or two on a Friday night.

@Clousseau It'll be good to see you there, i look forward to it.

Also, submitting the results for the Dead Heat campaign would be great, might as well tie it into the wider hobby, i'd definitely be up for that.

To support Dead Heat could you add Attacker/Defender and Sector to your score sheets? I'll bring some copies of the latest Campaign map with me.

To support Dead Heat could you add Attacker/Defender and Sector to your score sheets? I'll bring some copies of the latest Campaign map with me.

Sure, I can do that

I'll definitely come down for this - see you there.

Not sure on what to bring - if I get avatar colette painted up I'll probably bring her along

Jimmy

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Edited by Undisclosed

Quick Update:

Just to remind people that if you could write down your 55ss pool (which doesn't have to be 'full' you could just bring a 35ss crew if you so wished) and make them available to be looked at by myself after Game 1 that would be great.

Jacob

Ok thats good news, i dont yet own 55 ss from that same faction but can proabbly muster up about 40 or so.

Me and a mate are leaning on attending but will confirm on wednesday - needed the dreaded wife pass first!

Looks like I should be in for this now. Hopefully some models should be arriving from Firestorm soon to fill out my crew.

Looking forward to it, just trying to decide on what to take - Kirai or colette/Tina

Looking forward to seeing you both there!

If I want to take an avatar, does that use up 2SS of my 55SS pool?

Thinking of taking either Sonnia or Hoffman.

That's right, the Avatar will take 2ss out of the 55ss pool.