Spamming Guild 4ss models?

Mournafein

So I was looking at the models that the guild has at their disposal and their 4ss models are pretty unmatched by any other faction. Has anyone tried massing Death Marshals and Witchling Stalkers? Maybe with an assisting model like the Withling Handler or some type of list similar to it? I was thinking that 5 or 6 Death Marshals could put some real hurt on someone. How about for a 30ss list? If anyone has tried it, I'd like to hear about the results!

Thanks!

I have used:

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega
--
6 Pool

Enslaved Nephilim [2ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Francisco Ortega
    [5ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

But I prefer:

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega
--
7 Pool

Enslaved Nephilim [2ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Francisco Ortega
    [5ss]

• Santiago Ortega
    [7ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

I've used the second list many times....almost always with great success.

Both lists work but in a game all about characters, they can get a little boring...the second list isn't as bad with three Ortegas, but it can still be boring.

*waves at Mournafein*

Yes I've done so. I've found it is usually best with Lady J or if you go guild guard heavy Lucious has options.

My reason for Lady J is that as she slices and dices she can buff the rest of her crew. Perdita is a nice heavy hitter on her own, and Sonia can throw out the hurt and replenish the 4ss models of Witchling Stalkers...

As far as the ss count, most go for the guild guard over the death marshals. The armor and positive damage flips on the guns are better then the slow to die action the marshals have.

As far as master choice, I'd go with Lady J or Sonia depending on what is called for even throw in a few Guild hounds depending on strategy. Lady J if I'm playing offensive, Sonia if I'm defensive.

As far as the ss count, most go for the guild guard over the death marshals. The armor and positive damage flips on the guns are better then the slow to die action the marshals have.

I don't know if 'most go for guild guard' is accurate. and it's not just STD that marshals bring. they're also hard to wound and their CB is better. If you go check the recent Guild top 10 thread you'll find marshals listed by a few people and I don't think guard were mentioned at all. Guard really shine with Lucius and don't forget that 'Finish the Job' also buffs Lady J.

The buffing that Lady J gives may be the better choice for masters though. I prefer Perdita because of her utility...she can do much more than Lady J. She is much Faster, has Spellbreaker (which is unbelievably good), Heroes Gamble (one of the best (0) in the game)....not to mention Obey (2 a turn with the totem) for extra shots and charges.

I wasn't saying Death Marshals aren't good and don't have their place. I run them frequently. There was an old thread in the guild sub forum that disected the different 4ss models, and most put death marshals at the lower end of that spectrum in comparison to the guilds other 4ss. Of course the thread I'm thinking of is also before the introduction to having Exorcist and Witchling Handlers, so it is probably invalid point.

I do believe guild guard have a good place in any guild list (especially if you field lots of guardsman models). I've used the alarm action a few times to reposition a crew.

In the end, one of the guild's strengths is that it doesn't rely on any set of models to work. You can field a widely different set of models and it still be a very powerful force.

In the end, one of the guild's strengths is that it doesn't rely on any set of models to work. You can field a widely different set of models and it still be a very powerful force.

Totally agree. So much of what you take is determined by terrain / strats / opponent that it's hard to say which model is going to do best when.

I actually like the 4ss spam guild list, especialy when led by aJustice. I ran this in a 35ss narrative tournament last weekend. The round I ran this list was pretty crushing to a Viktoria crew.

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Lady Justice
--
6 Pool

+ Justice, Avatar of Balance
[2ss]

• Brutal Effigy
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Watcher
    [3ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

Dropping this to 30ss I would pull out either a Stalker or a Marshal, depending on who I am facing. As the Brutal provides decent Melee, I may drop the Stalker first.

I actually like the 4ss spam guild list, especialy when led by aJustice. I ran this in a 35ss narrative tournament last weekend. The round I ran this list was pretty crushing to a Viktoria crew.

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Lady Justice
--
6 Pool

[2ss]

• Brutal Effigy
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Watcher
    [3ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

Dropping this to 30ss I would pull out either a Stalker or a Marshal, depending on who I am facing. As the Brutal provides decent Melee, I may drop the Stalker first.

But Watchers aren't four point models. *evil*

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Lady Justice
--
6 Pool

[2ss]

• Brutal Effigy
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Death Marshal
    [4ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Watcher
    [3ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

So why only three dogs. I always feel like if you don't take them in pairs you are overpaying for one.

I actually do not like taking 4, I feel that 3 is enough to get them where I need them. Taking only 2 makes them easy to mitigate by killing 1 off. Taking them at 4 makes me feel like I am paying to much for what they do. I think 3 is the sweet spot for dogs, although that's completely personal preference.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

But Watchers aren't four point models. *evil*

Thats true.. neither are dogs. I can see situations where I would spam additional 4ss models but the watcher fills in for odd SS results. Especially when the dogs give back a SS or two (depending on how many pairs you complete).