The Graveyard Shift ~A thread for late night chills~

I work nights as a security guard. In this case, that means patrolling a deserted, dark building with lots of things that might make ones hair stand on their head, such as the low moaning noise the freight elevator makes, or the various floor panels that make a noise like "HEY" when you step on them. Hell, one particular part of it bears an unfortunate resemblance to 99 Rooms (minus the living paint).

Despite this, and despite having the demeanor of Courage the Cowardly Dog when it comes to scary stuff, I like to spend my downtime looking up scary clips on Youtube. So that's what I'm going to do with this thread. When I'm working, I'll post my favorite scary video clips. I welcome you to do so as well.

I'll start with one of my favorites.

I have a weird history with this movie. When it first came out, I couldn't be in the same room as it. That goddamn onryo was... not something I liked, to put it mildly. Story time! When the second movie was coming out, the ads for it were all over Adult Swim, the thing I had on to fall asleep to. One night, after just watching an commercial for the movie, I turned in early. My girlfriend at the time decided to stay up a little later. I dozed off, and woke up a little later in a lucid dreaming state, to see a shadowy figure draping its long black hair over me, only two big eyes visible in a face covered in shadow. My blood ran cold. I started to ball up my fist and have a go at this ghost when I hear "I love you."

That's the story of how I almost punched my girlfriend because of The Grudge 2.

Heh, graveyard shifters unite! I wondered if you worked the same life schedule as me, Jonas. Guess I have that answer now, lol.

Indeed! Also, something I've discovered while at this job: Every security guard has spent some amount of time planning what to do to their building in the event of a zombie attack. I am no exception.

I'm not a security guard, I'm a tester at a small electronics shop, but yeah, I've got some idea of what to do if the world gets hit with an invasion. Luckily, there's a lot of places to get decent cover from in the shop, along with some excellent lanes of fire. More than once I've been tempted to bring in enough cuddle guns to start a small war and go at it with second shift....

I'm not a security guard, I'm a tester at a small electronics shop, but yeah, I've got some idea of what to do if the world gets hit with an invasion. Luckily, there's a lot of places to get decent cover from in the shop, along with some excellent lanes of fire. More than once I've been tempted to bring in enough cuddle guns to start a small war and go at it with second shift....

That is a great idea and you should do it. Also, Tuesday just started a job dealing blackjack that puts her on this schedule as well, though without internets.

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

Sun's coming up. Looks like we survived another night.

Aaaand we're back.

So I did ghosts last time, so this next one is going to be aliens. Or rather, one alien in particular...

1982's The Thing is my all time favorite horror movie. It shares a lot of similarities with Ridley Scott's Alien, name the themes of assimilation, the remoteness of the setting, and the characters who are a mix of blue collar worker and highly skilled technicians. Above all, the characters in The Thing are competent. They quickly mobilize against an enemy of extreme capability, battling it, the elements, and the unrelenting paranoia that comes from facing a foe who could be anyone.

• 2 weeks later...