Are you still taking Guardian with Hoffman?

Turbodog

Okay, 2 things you got wrong:

> Protect range is only 3".

> You have to transfer all of the wounds, or no wounds at all.

You are correct however about armour counting only on the model actually taking the hit. The only reason the Toolkit would even cast protect in my chain is to offload some minor damage to when things get tight or to die to a huge hit ("Oh, your 10 damage RJ+severe hit on Hoffman just blew up his totem. I'll take that scrap counter now.").

Oh. So what's the exact wording for passing the damage?

"When Target friendly model suffers Wd while within 3" of this model, this model may suffer those Wd instead."

There's more, but it deals with how long Protect lasts. Headcase2 is correct, the wording indicates no ability to decide the amount of wounds transferred.

Edited by Jonas Albrecht

So can the wounds be split up between two different models? It doesn't specify. Sorry if it was a repost question

Got it wrong too it seems, *That is what I get for so much Zoraida right now*. Also blame having to deal with those Bastions.

I am still leaning towards the end of the chain based though, Headcase2 has a point. It is a way to offload some 8+ Wound with out it taking out your guardian or be on Hoffman. Been there enough times when a Vik or Lilith player got a Red Joker in hand and go all out to lay it into a model they want dead. Being able to deny them destroying something more then a 2 wound totem would be nice.