1) are summoned Teddies nightmares?

2) If the dreamer dies;

a) Do they keep nightmare;

B) Do they gain Rare:1

my guess:

1: no

2a: yes

2b: yes

But wanted to make sure (I'd buy dreamer is 1 is yes, but don't want to spend the money if it is no)

1: no

2a: yes

2b: they never lost the rare 1, they simply ignore it when the crew contains the dreamer. Even if he dies the crew still contains him so they continue to ignore.

.... Crews contain dead models? That makes no sense.

well I guess that is how Rare if Worded. so if your Rare 1 dude is hired & dies you cna't resummon it no matter what as Rare cares about hired and/or in play (page 9)

that is rough, so if I hire a Tedy and there is no dreamer I can't replace it once it dies either.

Ok, back to the drawing board.

.... Crews contain dead models? That makes no sense.

well I guess that is how Rare if Worded. so if your Rare 1 dude is hired & dies you cna't resummon it no matter what as Rare cares about hired and/or in play (page 9)

that is rough, so if I hire a Tedy and there is no dreamer I can't replace it once it dies either.

Ok, back to the drawing board.

With the exception of this conversation about the dreamer the word contain has nothing to do with Rare:#.

Rare:1 just means you cannot hire more than 1 and cannot have more than 1 in play. nothing else.

In a dreamer crew you always ignore the restriction on rare:1 for Teddy. Dreamer being alive or dead does not affect that. So you can summon/hire teddy as many as you want.

So if this makes it easier to understand the rare # applies the when you hire the model ( so before the game starts when you spend ss to hire the model ) and while the model is in play. So when a model dies it is still in the crew but is no longer in play therefore the new model that is summoned is not hired and there is no model of its name and rarity in play so it comes into play normally.

Perhaps different wording will help.

Rare is a hiring and in play restriction. As long as the dreamer is in play, Teddy(s) ignores this and has the Nightmare characteristic.

If the Dreamer dies, then Teddys in play are still nightmares and still ignore the Rare 1, but new Teddys wont have it, so they cant be summoned by Nightmare summoning (not sure who has that...) or if there is already a Teddy in play (due to having the same name and Rare1). If there are no Teddys on the field and one gets brought into play after the Dreamer is dead, then it won't have Nightmare and will be Rare1.

Also, remember that buried models are still 'in play' and don't get summoned, they get 'unburied'