Ironmonger

I wasn't sure where the best place was for this thread, as it's both my first on the forums and such a crew-specific inquiry, but has anyone gained any insight as to when we're going to see this model? It's one of the few Avatars not yet released, correct? I love C. Hoffman, his concept and playstyle, and I'd really like to use this mini and not proxy.

Anyone? Oh, and mods, please feel free to move and/or chastise if this is not the appropriate location to post this in.:1_Happy_Puppet2:

I don't think anyone outside of Wyrd knows. It doesn't appear in the release list through August, as you've probably noticed. Would be nice if it were at Gencon, but wouldn't be surprised if it isn't.

I've heard people who speculate about such things say that perhaps there was a production issue. Maybe they are holding back on it so they can produce it in plastic. But who knows? Guess we'll just have to be patient.

• 3 months later...

Three more months and still nothing, huh?

EDIT: Huh. Just saw this was moved to Miniature Matters? This enquiry about a mini's release is related to painting and conversion... how again? I'm just trying to get some info if any exists about one of the last Avatars to not see the light of day...

Edited by Ironmonger

• 1 month later...

Avatar Hoffman was tentatively slated for November as indicated in the link below, but the TBA (to be announced) is a pretty good indicator that it may be delayed.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/content.php?203-Fall-Release-Schedule

Cheers.

Yes, I'd seen that page more then a month ago now. That isn't a tentative list: definitive, I'd call it. It was always TBA, as well. I've posted the last of my thoughts and feelings about the subject in the General Discussion thread for Fall Releases, as have everyone else (which, BTW, is where this thread STARTED in, before it was moved here???). Everything else in the list has hit the shelves like clockwork. I'mma gonna go out on a limb and say that the release issues are the same as happened to some other minis in some other companies. I'd say we're looking at a small box, all plastic, and the delay comes from the first molds being screwed up in some way? Maybe obscuring detail/contributing to a smooth look? Sound about right?

Anyways, thread's done. Just eagerly awaiting the mini at this point...