New, with no idea what I'm doing help! Please...

Hello all. I am new to the game and to this company. I have seen the figures and heard of this so I think its time for me to jump in and try. I see that however I am coming in at a strange time. I see that there are 2 expansions and a new rule set call 1.5 I believe. So I do not know how to proceed. Will the 2 expansions be good with the 1.5 rules set? Will the figures have different stats? So I am wondering on how all the new things will effect what is done. I just don’t want to buy all the old rules ect and then in a month have them be no good. So can someone in the know explain to me what is going on please? I think this game is great and I will be buying stuff it’s just a matter of buying the figs now and the rules later or vice versa. So please any help would really be great. Thanks for your time. I look forward to your responses

Okay a little history

First the Malifaux main rule book came out and it had a few issues

Then Rising Power(the 2nd book came out a year later)

Around the same time new update and errated versions of the cards came out(called V2 cards) for many book 1 models

Then about 6 months later the Rules Manual came out. Which was an updated and fixed set of rules

Then book 3 came out

Now what is book 1.5 that is coming out. Its all the art and fluff from the original book, with all the model stats updated with the V2 cards and all the rules changes introduced in the Rules Manual.

So to answer your question, all the expansions still are 100% compatible with any Malifaux rules revision.

My recommendation is

1) If you own all 3 big books and the Rules Manual you can go on without the new 1.5 book

2) If you own the 2 expansions and the Rules Manual you can go on without the new 1.5 book, but may want it for the stats and the story

3) If you are just getting into the game, check out the free rules download from Malifaux.com and wait a month and get the new 1.5 Main book and then pick up the 0ther 2(soon to be 3) expansions when you start getting more familiar with the game

There is so much good story in the books, I started looking at Malifaux around the time book 3 released and currently only have the rules manual, but I plan on getting 1.5 so I can have a big book with stats for proxying and all that delicious fluff. I suggest waiting if you haven't bought the rules yet, just to get the 1.5 book. The manual is nice though since it's so cheap and is a fairly small/compact book that's easier to carry around than a normal rulebook.

Yep 1.5 is completely compatiblecomparable with Rising Powers, and Twisting Fates. It contains all the stories from book 1, the revised rules from the Rules Manual, and all the models originally in book 1 with the updates from the v2 cards. If just starting off would definitely recommend it.