Just picked up som'er

puppetsoul

Hey guys i just went out and picked up about $140 worth of gremlins

and wanted some advice on on how i should go about using them here is the list of what i picked up

som'er box

ophelia box

2-piglets

1-warpig

pack of bayou

2-mosq

pack- slop hauler

pigapult

hog whisper

taxidermist

picking up 2 packs of the stuffed pigs and prob 2 more skitters

i am sure i will need more but this should give me a good start

Edited by puppetsoul

Yep what you have listed plus what are are looking to pick up and the recommended Avatar is pretty much everything you'll need for the gremlins.

The only other things to take a look at are McTavish (great with gremlins and Pigs) and Lenny when he comes out (should be soon).

If you are planning on running Brawl size games you might want to take a look at Zoraida.

I don't really like the Wyrd mosquitoes. I'm looking for an alternate sculpt before moving from the Lacroix to a Somer list.

I'm with you on this one, I plan on using the Neverborn Sorrows as his totems: Gonna paint them up like stinky fart clouds. I never said it was a good idea, or a mature one! :P

Why? I thought Somer could only go into a Z crew, not the other way round?

Yes, Zoraida would be the actual boss in the brawl but she is really the best option currently (unless you run without the second Master gaining the extra Soul Stones and probably spending them hiring Ophelia). She has some neat synergies with the Gremlins, even though she will have to pay an Additional SS per Gremlin/Pig/Vermin included. It may not be perfect but Some'rs summoning shenanigans go a long way to off-setting the disadvantages of the increased cost (especially when coupled with the combined card manipulation/ generation of the pair and her fat Soulstone Cache).

The Viks are also a possibility but they dont really add much to a gremlin crew (other than their offensive power, substantial as it may be). Additionally, they reduce the hiring pool by 5 Soul Stones in Brawls because of their For Money rule (though it should really be thought of as 12 SS since your going to want a Ronin and 2 SS to increase their survivability). The other big disadvantage of this pair is that neither of the Masters (Some'r or the Viks) brings a Cache to the fight.

^^ Problem is Somer can't take Skeeters though? In effect you're paying 5ss + each additional ss you pay for gremlins/pigs etc for Zoraida and losing access to some cool models (skeeters, pigapult etc) Obviously I'm new to Somer, but this doesn't seem like a good use of ss in a brawl?

Why wouldn't you be able to hire the Skeeters in a brawl with Zoraida, their Numerous ability allows it as long as Some'r is in the crew (they will cost a SS more each but their replication abilities somewhat mitigates that)?

As for the Pigapult it isn't that big of a loss really (not a huge fan of it myself), the Skeeters have been doing almost the same thing for the Pigs (and of course the Piglets can do the same thing with the Gremlins via "Pig Ladders") since Book 1.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

thanks for the info also for the stones is it worth getting 2 rats to heal the skeeters so they atleast have 2 more wounds on them

This is a pretty standard practice when bringing Skeeters.

The Avatar is great with Some'r (aside from the fact that he is awesome looking, his rules are great as well).

As for the "Pig Ladder" it is a method of shooting a Gremlin model significantly up field to accomplish objectives. Basically it revolves around positioning several Piglets (2-3) on the board via Skeeters using Sooey! like rungs on a ladder (each one should be about 6" apart and the first needs to be within 6" of the Gremlin to be launched). Once the Piglets are in position you activate each one in turn and cast Truffles to move the Gremlin up field.

Doing this you can get a Gremlin significantly upfield (around 18") with a full compliment of AP for completing objectives.

Couple this with a great chance of out activating your opponent (it will take 3-4 activations to get the gremlin into position in addition to anything else you want your crew to do first) and a late game/ turn run and it is fairly difficult to counter.

That is a lot of Pig Support without much pig muscle. I would recommend running one or the other between the Hog Whisperer and the Taxidermist. I am not a huge fan of the Pigapult myself but a lot of gremlin players love it.

Keep in mind to really be successful with Some'r you are going to want some of his staple models (a Skketer and a Bayou Gremlin or two). This way you will be able to replace lost piglets or transition to other tactics in game.

For what you are looking at above I would recommend something like this at 35 SS:

Outcasts Crew - 35 - Scrap

Som'er Teeth Jones
--
3 Pool

2 Giant Mosquitos [4ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Pigapult
    [4ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

This list will provide plenty of pigs for the squadron and still provide a few significant models for objective grabbing (or replication into a gunline, Alpha Stank or replacement piggies). It also has the beneift of provide plenty of options for Pig ladders.

Or you could replace the Hog Whisperer with a Taxidermist and have 1 less Cache. In this case I would look at also replacing a few Piglets with Stuffed Piglets to start. Though I like the idea of recycling dead bodies into more free Stuffed Piglets, the Taxidermist does strugle a bit in game consistantly getting the spell off. I would also recommend taking a good hard look at the timing of Dud?, if set up properly it can really surprise your opponent (Here is a thread that explains it, though it is mainly in regards to the timing interaction with Hamelin it can be applied to anyone).