Fast Cancelling Slow

Shut Up

Question

I was under the impression that if a model affected by fast becomes slow (or vice versa) then the effects cancel and both cease to affect the model.

the situation in which this became interesting was a recent game McMourning vs Collodi, if DR McM is given slow by a marionette and then activated, I reasoned that he could use passion for his work to gain fast, cancelling slow, and then use it again to recieve fast (as McM is not affected by either fast or slow at this point), thus sacrificing 2 body parts to go from slow to fast

I couldnt find anything to say that McM could not use passion for his work more than once per activation.

have I played this correctly or have I misunderstood the interaction between fast and slow?

3 answers to this question

You could use Passion for his Work to negate the slow, but not use it again to then gain fast. AP abilities that grant an extra action of some sort can only be used once per turn. So, for example, a Drowned cannot use Driven by Purpose multiple times to advance up the board in a single activation. Nor could Gremlins use Reckless multiple times per individual activation.

Common question, so no worries.

ahhh yes that make sense, could you cancel slow and then give something fast in the same turn if it came from different sources (eg passion for his work and a student)

just curious, i never leave home without my chihuahua (ah maybe it will see what turn two looks like some day :P)

Yes, slow and fast cancel each other out by removing both effects from the model. So once Slow is gone you could make it Fast a second time. And it doesn't have to come from different sources as long as you're allowed to use the source more than once, like Kirai's (1) Absorb Spirit.